1/32 Tamiya F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair

curiouslysophie

7 hours ago, O.W said:

Great finish. Weathering is also the most fun part for me, it really brings the model to life.

The Birdcage is in my stash halfway build as well. What was it with the eduard cockpit? for me the rudder pedals were a challenge4gJSu8P.jpgW28u23U.jpg8UpLp0C.jpgange

Lovely work! It’s looking great so far :) I think the main issue I had with the Eduard cockpit can be seen in your last pic. The fit at the top of the cockpit is a bit terrible. I used the Tamiya sills and canopy rail modified to fit. Some of the interior parts had warped or shrunk.

Other than that, the detail was good. I had their engine which is very pretty, but is larger than the kit one and doesn’t fit with the panels on. So I decided to super detail the kit one instead 

Thank you all for your kind words. I am really happy you like my work, the standard on this site are so high!

41 minutes ago, mc65 said:

Mmmmh... really nice painting work!

how did you achieve the wearing on the wings, where the zinc primer shows from under the blue? it's absolutely stunning!

I used AK worn effects between layers of AK real colours. Lightly dampen the paint rather than soaking it gives a more gentle effect. I also used fine grit infini sanding sponge to ‘wear’ the paint through. It gives a more scuffed effect rather than chipped.

The aluminium was alclad polished aluminium. 
I hope that helps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...