2021 IPMS/USA Nationals

daveculp

18 hours ago, daveculp said:

I took some more pics today:

CH54-side.jpg

CH-54-data.jpg

ch54-build.jpg

Thanks Dave. After looking at the photos and the build documentation one quote comes to mind from Wayne and Garth, "I'm not worthy"!

Truly a wonderful, skillful build. It deserves what ever awards it gleans. 

Thanks to all who have been posting photos for those of us non-attendees. Please keep posting and letting us know about the awards.

For those having trouble viewing photos, I recommend this browser:  https://dissenter.com/download

It's free and runs on the 3 popular operating systems.  One problem is that it is blocked by YouTube (they'll show you endless advertisements as retribution) .  The solution is to use different browsers for different things, which you really ought to do anyway for security reasons.

Here's a photo from last night's awards event.  They only physical awards given out here were for the special categories.  Most of the contest winners were announced here, but the physical awards were placed next to the models at this time.  When the awards event was over the contest room was re-opened and we all went there to pack up and collect our models/awards.

awards-event.jpg

-- Dave

I was never aware that the Thunderbirds did a negative G, bomb-burst.  I’ve witnessed the regular one but not a negative G version.  I guess ya learn something new every day.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

I was never aware that the Thunderbirds did a negative G, bomb-burst.  I’ve witnessed the regular one but not a negative G version.  I guess ya learn something new every day.

As far as I know they never did such a thing.  I was being sarcastic.  My fault.

The 1/48 CH-54 Tarhe pictured earlier in this thread not only took first place in the “Scratch Built” category, but also was judged “Best Aircraft” and received the “George Lee Judges Grand Award.”

Pictures of all the category winners here …click on the last album titled “winners.” Most, if not all, of the models entered are pictured in the specific category albums.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs