O.G. Revell Corsair F4U-1 Finished

Ayovan

Joining in on my 1st LSP group build. I figured what the heck... I have the 1970 Revell Corsair, and ordered up some Eduard resin wheels and an IP. Also ordered up some decals as the ones in the kit don't look to be in very good shape. Other than that it will be pretty much oob.

aU0qlz.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Hi Ayovan,

Great that you decided to build your old Corsair in this group build.

Interesting to read that your engine needed a lot of clean-up as well.

Like you said, it clearly was always like that.

The instrument panel looks to be crisper than my example, which is hardly surprising.

Does this mean the Eduard panel will not be used anymore or do you pop it in later?

Cheers,

Peter

1 hour ago, mgbooyv8 said:

Hi Ayovan,

Great that you decided to build your old Corsair in this group build.

Interesting to read that your engine needed a lot of clean-up as well.

Like you said, it clearly was always like that.

The instrument panel looks to be crisper than my example, which is hardly surprising.

Does this mean the Eduard panel will not be used anymore or do you pop it in later?

Cheers,

Peter

I'm still waiting for delivery of the Eduard IP. I want to continue on the build (I'm bored), but I think there will be enough room to slip the Eduard IP in  after the fuselage is joined together. If not, Meh.... The OEM IP didn't turn out that bad dry brushing it. I did have some WW2 instrument decals around here somewhere I could use to dress it up a bit. The Eduard IP was only $8, and I can always save it for a future build. I might follow your lead by using the the pilot to hide the lack of detail in the cockpit. It is pretty sparse in there,lol.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

So I went ahead , primed and painted the interior areas zinc chromate. This is such a simplistic kit I think I will make the wings fold (an option for the kit), just because....It needs something. 

Edit: No wing fold. I tried it...no way. It works but it is so sloppy that the wings sag really bad in the extended position. Nothing a little glue wont fix.

D0slHN.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Joined the fuselage halfs, and glued the wings up solid. (no wing fold for this bird). Mattel.........I mean Revell didn't really do much in the way of engineering the wing fold. It was really sloppy with a single pivot point that held the outer wing panel with the smallest of hinge point. Even If I used the wing fold it was a disaster waiting to happen.1cI27A.jpg

LToYWa.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Thanks guys, Hopefully I won't be in here too long. I hate hospitals. To many sick people here, plus they like stickin ya with needles at all hours of the day.

Gotta keep a sense of humor about it. 

Edited by Ayovan