Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Given the way Hasegawa's new releases have been withering slowly the past few years, it's not going to be a big shock to me to see them eventually fold up their tent.  They're a very small company in a big pond with LOTS of keen competition from all quarters.

Depends on which genre you are talking about. LSP sure, very slow. Science fiction recently (as alluded to in another post) very active. Especially in the Ma.K universe (with Wave).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nessus said:

Depends on which genre you are talking about. LSP sure, very slow. Science fiction recently (as alluded to in another post) very active. Especially in the Ma.K universe (with Wave).

 

Yes, the Sci-Fi/giant robot stuff is really been big for a while now; it's slowly taking over the kit section of my local HobbyTown. Hobby Lobby just started carrying that genre too. Need to remember their market isn't just us, guys. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and 1/32 airplanes is obviously in the few category. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ssculptor said:

   ... nor are we a member of the executive corps of Hasegawa so anything we say will be pretty close to pure conjecture.

 

Conjecture !!! ???  On the interntet ???  Stephen pleeeaase ...

 

                                 8cTSSzZ.jpg

 

;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that regarding LSP's the Rising Sun is becoming the Setting Sun.

The future is bright though,......... the future is Central Europe!

I no longer look to the Far East for new stuff anymore, for me the most exciting projects are over in Europe.

I suspect there's lot's more to come from that direction in the next few years!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be happy to see a re issue of 1/32 kits. I guess a new release of a ki -100 or ki 43 or Pete or La 5 is too much to hope for? 

I feel like 1/32 is more popular now but if they decide to get out of large scale maybe Eduard might do some re boxing like with the p40? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Hasegawa have their 1/32 J2M3 listed as being reissued in Feb. 

 

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202102/

 

As for all new subjects, they recently released completely new kits of the R32 GT-R and third gen Supra. So maybe not LSP, but something new. 

 

Carl

A reissue is safer as you already have the dies. But it is better than nothing.

Also, why tool up for a new kit during this pandemic when so many people are losing their jobs and/or are fearful of losing them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hobby model industry has few industrial giants running things. Many (most?) kit producers are run by guys who love what they do but when they weaken with age or die there is no one in the family who will consent to take the reins an run the company. For recent examples Williams Bros (airplanes) and Aristocraft (trains). Then the company is dissolved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Hasegawa have their 1/32 J2M3 listed as being reissued in Feb. 

 

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202102/

 

As for all new subjects, they recently released completely new kits of the R32 GT-R and third gen Supra. So maybe not LSP, but something new. 

 

Carl

Thanks have that on the want list. Hopefully a few FWs later in the year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ssculptor said:

A reissue is safer as you already have the dies. But it is better than nothing.

Also, why tool up for a new kit during this pandemic when so many people are losing their jobs and/or are fearful of losing them. 

For modeling sales as the economy picks up or for people with time to model? It depends on a lot of factors and how people react. You can’t eat a LSP granted but looking at sales online, especially with the WNW tulip bubble things are going gangbusters in some industries and not so great in others. 

Edited by Pup7309
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...