Revell Release schedule 2021

Jan_G

11 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Isn't it a bit early for ICM to be handing the reins of the Gladiator over to Revell for a rebox or are they just using Revells production power? I don't know how this reboxing thing works. 

Likewise Kinetics Hawk. 

Money.....

Seing that revell is reboxing Bandai Star wars kit gives mixed feeling. 1 super happy some kits will be produced. Took me 6 months to find a y wing last year. 

But does this mean the end of the star wars licence to badai? I really hope not but deep down after the initial bandai vs revell battle i think this means revell won(revell manage to get bandai kit kicked out of the american market) 

On a 1/32 note. Im really curious what driving revell to keep going on the F-18F since the E was a disaster. Wonder if they corrected it a bit

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Seing that revell is reboxing Bandai Star wars kit gives mixed feeling. 1 super happy some kits will be produced. Took me 6 months to find a y wing last year. 

But does this mean the end of the star wars licence to badai? I really hope not but deep down after the initial bandai vs revell battle i think this means revell won(revell manage to get bandai kit kicked out of the american market) 

On a 1/32 note. Im really curious what driving revell to keep going on the F-18F since the E was a disaster. Wonder if they corrected it a bit

It'll be in the Navy/Marine inventory for decades so I guess that's why.

Dutch modeller hpetiers on this forum did a highly creditable job of turning the sow's ear of the Revell F-18E into a silk-like purse here

Edited by Chek
link added

I’m sure they already cut the mold for the two-seater Super Hornet when they released the single seater, so there really isn’t much down side for them in releasing the -F.  At least the spine issue will be somewhat lessened with the longer canopy.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Chek said:

It'll be in the Navy/Marine inventory for decades so I guess that's why.

Dutch modeller hpetiers on this forum did a highly creditable job of turning the sow's ear of the Revell F-18E into a silk-like purse here

Hi Chek,

thank very much for thinking about me! indeed I saw that the Revell F/A-18F has been delayed AGAIN, not coming out before june or something. It makes you wonder what makes them decide to delay again since the casts have already been produced. At least good to see that they opted for a better box art, in this case the Black knights squadron. I think I will have a go at is once it comes out!

Edited by hpetiers

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Over on Starship Modeler they were talking about the status of Bandai's Star Wars licence. The feeling is that they've taken a bit of a bath on the kits based on the recent films and are slowing down but haven't given up. 

As for Bandai not being allowed to sell their kits in the US, that seems to have passed as their kits now have a US distributor in Bluefin. They've even had a at least one US exclusive kit release- the SDCC B-wing.

They did have to re-tool some of the kits and remove the standing figures though as that was part of the agreement. 

So there's still hope for a Lambda class shuttle or TiE Bomber yet. :D

Carl

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Over on Starship Modeler they were talking about the status of Bandai's Star Wars licence. The feeling is that they've taken a bit of a bath on the kits based on the recent films and are slowing down but haven't given up. 

As for Bandai not being allowed to sell their kits in the US, that seems to have passed as their kits now have a US distributor in Bluefin. They've even had a at least one US exclusive kit release- the SDCC B-wing.

They did have to re-tool some of the kits and remove the standing figures though as that was part of the agreement. 

So there's still hope for a Lambda class shuttle or TiE Bomber yet. :D

Carl

I suspect that the most recent film trilogy not being too popular has a lot to do with sales of kits from those films.  The original trilogy stuff was always going to be much more popular.  Fortunately, I think the sequel trilogy was only a small part of their inventory as compared to the number of kits from the original trilogy.  But, we did get a nice 1/144 Millennium Falcon, especially the TROS version with the original round radar dish, which is passable for the ESB and ROTJ versions.

Agree that there really isn’t a sales issue with getting the kits in the US.  They are easy to get from shops like USA Gundam Store, CultTVman, and other places.  They even sell Bandai kits at Hobby Lobby.