Do you want a 1/32 P-3 Orion?

Anthony in NZ

5 hours ago, bobster said:

I have been trying to order the 1/32 Orion. The above link I believe indicates the item is sold out. There is no link to contact One-Man-Model directly. How are orders being placed? Any help appreciateed.

Contact Toshihiko direct to place an order on this email address

heinkel177_0808@yahoo.co.jp

Hope this helps

Cheers Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Half of my kit arrived today. The box had the fuselage sections, tail, stabs, propellers, wheels, flaps, ladders and weapons. There were also some rods, sand paper and vinyl markings and thin parts. The other box with the nose, wings, cabin and cockpit interior details and LG should arrive soon (when the customs will free it).

I think he split the kit in two boxes to decrease the p&p cost. The minus point is the fact I had to pay twice the basic custom fee but the very positive side is the fact he put a VERY small value on the parcel boxes! So, globally, this was OK. The kit took more or less a week to come from Japan per tracked post.

I will give my assessment when I will have the full set but even if a ton of sanding will be required the assembly looks to be lego-like. :bow:

Thierry

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way to clean 3d fuselage parts, I heavily recommend 3M Sandblaster sanding sheets. They are not cheap but durable and VERY flexible. This really helps in protecting the curvature of such parts.

Thanks Thierry

I will look into those!

My first box of parts (like you) left a week or 2 ago and my second box is still sitting in Tokyo International dispatch area. Cant wait to get it

Is it big?

Well if you thought the B-17 or Lancaster were 'big', you can change your mind!!! The fuselage looks like rain chute PVC tubes (similar diameter) and I can put my fist in the cockpit nose section! With the MAD, I think it is probably more than a meter long. As I'm still waiting for the nose part I cannot give yet the final dimensions. Huge is an understatement!

23 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well if you thought the B-17 or Lancaster were 'big', you can change your mind!!! The fuselage looks like rain chute PVC tubes (similar diameter) and I can put my fist in the cockpit nose section! With the MAD, I think it is probably more than a meter long. As I'm still waiting for the nose part I cannot give yet the final dimensions. Huge is an understatement!

Lol, I had a feeling you might say that!

Go big...or go home :D

On 12/10/2021 at 6:32 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

I'd be interested to see what the props and other small details are like, Thierry. On my 1/72 Electra, they're mostly unusable.

Kev

The small parts would have been much better 3D printed in resin instead of FDM printing.

The kit is not perfect and could have been better. This is true. It is clear this will ask for A LOT of work.

However, who's going to release another 1/32 P-3 for such a price and what are the other options?

I do not have to ask to know the replies!

We should not forget this guy is doing everything himself!

I will have no problem to purchase additional parts if he ever releases them in a higher resolution. I'm still waiting for the LG parts to give my final feeling about that but to me I think these are really the only parts that requires a very fine printing capability.

I got the other part of the kit today. :m0152:

The amount of parts is quite surprising. Obviously far more details could have been added but the number of inside components is already surprising when you consider what can be seen. A preliminary check is showing that the LG legs will ask for a lot of work but look usable. Actually close to all the kit parts will require work but globally I thought the surface detail would be worse because of the printing limitations. My feeling is that the larger is the kit, the easiest it is to clean or improve the parts. So, in that perspective, the 1/32 scale is probably to most appropriate one for such a production technique. I purchased car primer and putty and will try them soon.

One thing that really surprised me is the weigth of the kit: less than 2.5kg for all the parts of a kit that is covering at least a squared meter! So, it is closer to a plastic than a resin kit from that perspective. Fortunately, all the attachment points look sturdy, possibly overscale in some cases but at least the kit will be very solid.

I should do a global review for LSP end of this week. This is not a kit for the 'assembler' modeller as this will ask for a lot of clean-up, scratchbuilding details, adding your own clear parts and vacuforming the bulbous windows, creating decals and stencils, etc. etc. So, this is not a weekend project and from a detail perspective, this looks like an enlarged 1/72 model but I love that kit! :yahoo: