By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

chukw

Thanks everyone- Matt was a member here- Scrodes: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/profile/2413-scrodes/  He was a damn fine modeler and a good friend.

Thanks, LSP_Kevin!  I never really left. :)

James Rademaker- I think they're sometimes the best part. :D

That's very much appreciated, Tom- thanks.

Thanks, Troy- I think I'm finally back from my long recuperation- cheers!

Thanks to you as well, Rich!  I'm currently stretching my skills by sculpting all-new upholstery on the bang seats from Magic Sculpt epoxy putty. Not looking too terrible so far!

• 1 month later...

There's a bit of a curse in having lots and lots of reference on a build. I keep finding new things about the Mohawk, and have been figuring out some of the more shadowy ends as well. In spite of my soon-to-be corrected cataracts and relapsing vision problems I've actually gotten some stuff done!  Come along and see just what, won't you?

Mohawk_063.jpg

Mohawk_064.jpg

Mohawk_065.jpg

Mohawk_066.jpg

Mohawk_067.jpg

Mohawk_068.jpg

Mohawk_069.jpg

Mohawk_070.jpg

Mohawk_071.jpg

Mohawk_072.jpg

Mohawk_073.jpg

Mohawk_074.jpg

Mohawk_075.jpg

Mohawk_076.jpg

Ms_Staples_005.jpg

Whoo hoo! Another update.

I must say the effort to do so much detailing on the inside of the windscreen is varsity level effort.  It’s an often overlooked place to add detail that makes such a difference on a finished model.

Also bang seats boom!

Timmy!

(No I’m not copying Troy simultaneous hive mind post I guess.)

BREAK

Troy…jinx!

Edited by Timmy!

What a treat Chuck, I didn't realize before now that you post your work here!  Going waaaaay back to my days over at FSM, your builds always inspired me to do better.  Not only are they informative and CRAZY good, but the presentation and anecdotes made for a wonderful read!  I am so glad to see you here, and I look forward to more of your work.

Okay, back to the thread! 

Love what you're doing here, amazing attention to detail as always.  

Thanks, Troy! My David Union sander and router now live full-time on my workbench and I use them all the time- cheers!

Cheers, Timmy- high praise from you!  I breathed a sigh of relief after seeing the hydraulics in you Jaguar nose bay- I kind sorta got things right!

Shucks, Brian- many thanks!

Much appreciated Kev- and thanks for all you do to make this place possible.

Glad you found me, Daywalker- your kind recollections warm the rusty little cockles of my heart. :)

When I looked at Penney Abe next to that windscreen I was amazed myself that this thing 1/48. Cheers indeed, Tom.

I'm pretty chuffed for this kindness- again, my thanks. :blush: