By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

chukw

Thanks, guys!  I have hitch up my britches and get some paint in that compartment and the wheel well. I'm pretty sure the compartment would be in white, but the well could be OD or maybe white. I'm still looking for color schemes for a dull, faded OD bird. I have the Squadron books and that's about it. Any other references or sites I could consult? TIA- and cheers!

Chuck

Edited by chukw

Man I love your builds the creativity of the presentation is off the charts.  

This is looking like a cool project.  A plane that happens to be on my to do list.

Thanks for posting here again!

Timmy! 

Thanks a bunch, Pete!  I'll think of your post while I'm swearing my way through the main wells (again.) ;)

Wow, Timmy!- I'd better mine done before a REAL modeler steps up! :D  Where can I see more of that )V-10 in the header of your crazy-good web site? I MUST SEE MORE!

Quick question for the cognoscienti: Would Vietnam-era hydraulic lines have the colorful anodized connectors? All the refs i have are restorations. TIA!

Don’t worry.  An OV-1 is on the list but lots in front of it.  

Glad you like the website.  That OV-10D+ was built 2004-2007.  There was a build thread here and over at ARC, the photos were shared via ImageShack and were lost when ImageShack changed their system.  

I have precious few photos I’ve been hanging onto to write a scratch-building  book.  Though I may scratch that as people are consuming more digital media and just post the photos.  

Lots of plans for that site and I have more time now to make that happen. 

Anyway enough of me....back to your build. 

Timmy!

Did you notice how quickly the gear was sucked up after lift off?  Maybe 10-20 feet off the ground and the gear was already up in the wheel-wells.   

I did see some blue AN fittings on the clip with a crew chief snapping up the inspection panel.  

Great stuff.  Thanks for sharing.  

• 3 months later...

HI, everyone! Here at long last is Episode 4. I've been taking things slow for a variety of reasons, like family, health, work, home and garden, and friends. Modeling has taken a back seat for a couple of reasons- mostly because my mojo has gone into a slump.  A big part of that was the loss of my good friend and modelling pal Matt Odom, who recently lost his 13 year battle with brain cancer. He was a brilliant 1/32 scale enthusiast, a Canadian cop and loving family man. We communicated mainly by text and sometimes, phone. It was just too much to sit at the bench and not be able to text him a pic of my newest dumb idea, or answer a question from his ever-inquisitive mind. Add in the slow recovery from my heart surgery- which included a measure of brain fog (or 'pump brain') from the heart/lung machine. To top it all off I'm developing cataracts, even as my eyesight begin to regress with age.  The latter is curable, the former demand patience and perseverance.  I'm not giving up- no way!  I'm just taking my time, and I hope to continue to keep sharing the joys and tribulations of this hobby with all my fellows around the globe- cheers!

Mohawk_051.jpg

Mohawk_052.jpg

Mohawk_053.jpg

Mohawk_054.jpg

Mohawk_055.jpg

Mohawk_056.jpg

Mohawk_057.jpg

Mohawk_058.jpg

Mohawk_059.jpg

Mohawk_060.jpg

Mohawk_061.jpg

Mohawk_062.jpg