JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

This is disruptive manufacturing at its best: new kit manufacturer enters the market and straight away raises the bar. We had it with Wingnut Wings and now with JETMADS. I have already registered an interest for the X-3 and may even go for the LearJet, just to be in on the party.

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The kit nearly makes me willing to get it! Oh well, the Learjet will be as good and I'm sure they are preparing other goodies! And in any case, some Draken and Gripen airframes also got that crazy splinter camo.

Yeah, there were two Drakens iirc. One J 35B (35220) from F 16 Wing. Can´t rememeber the other one. They tested the Viggen-camo on atleast one of them. And a JAS 39A was painted in it as well. Might have been more airframes..

Speaking of that, a Gripen in 1/32 could be nice.. Hell, an E-model in 48th would do! ;)

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Kom an!

Ja precis! ;)

1 hour ago, RNoAF said:

Kom igjen! :-) 

"Kom igen". ;)

I received #16/500. Unfortunately the box was crushed on the upper left corner. Upon inspection one of the wingtips had about 1/4" broken off into 5 pieces, the trolley was broken along with the ladder. I just sent an email with pics to JetMads describing the damage. Hopefully they will be sending me the broken parts back soon.

Greg

so, 223/500 arrived today - and the kit looks great. Cannot wait to get started..

However I also have my share of broken parts from the "Main Compartment" in the box. Both wings are broken :(- one can be fixed the other cannot. I also have some incomplete/missing parts (the main fuselage spacers a.o.) - Did anyone have experience with their costumer service getting replacement parts already? 

I heard a guy at our local IPMS Forums had a broken wing tip and quickly got a reply promising a replacement. Not sure if it hasd arrived yet but it sounded very promising and did not seem to be a problem!

I´ll keep my fingers crossed for ya! ;)

Thanks - Luckily I found the broken parts from the badly broken wing deep inside the protective foam - its not perfect but now that I have the pieces I am sure I can glue it together somehow

This is going to be one seriously cool model :)

There should really be some more padding/restraints in the the area where all the big, heavy pieces (..and their big casting blocks) are placed. They are all free to move around quite a bit and you have some delicate wingtips just asking to be broken off. A quick fix would be to insert a piece of foam on the wingtips to at least protect the most delicate parts..

But I still have my Viggen-Smile :D - it is so cool to finally have it in my hands! If you haven´t gotten yours yet.. you surely will not regret the wait..

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Thanks - Luckily I found the broken parts from the badly broken wing deep inside the protective foam - its not perfect but now that I have the pieces I am sure I can glue it together somehow

This is going to be one seriously cool model :)

Still think you should ask for replacement though. Sure you can fix it but.. You shouldn´t have to, right? :/

On 10/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm sure they'll make it good.  Why people whose job it is to deliver goods like that can't treat things with respect is beyond me.  If I treated patients the way they treat mail....

Yep.  The PO just throw boxes around not caring what might be inside.  I contacted Jetmads and they responded back the next morning saying they will send the damaged parts.  I asked how long that would take but haven't heard back yet.  The Kit got here in about a week after I got the shipping notice, so if they have the extra parts I think I won't be waiting too long.  Great customer service.  Will gladly buy from them again.:clap2: