LAU-7 Missile rails

ericg

Hi Eric

23 minutes ago, ericg said:

Hi guys, 

Can anyone point out where I may find a decent set of LAU-7 rails to replace the ones in my A-7 Corsair, either aftermarket or in an existing kit (not Trumpeter!!)

Thanks,

Eric.

You can find them in the Tamiya F-4J , Trumpeter F-8 , Academy F-18 and Revell Tornado. If you are going to resin cast copies I would suggest the Revell ones from the Tornado. They are the most accurate and best detailed of the lot . They are a bit wide but this is easily corrected by sanding a millimeter or two from the center before gluing together .

Here is a photo of an extra Revell one I cast for the Tornado compared to the Academy F-18.

D10F857F-5DD7-4252-9117-112F74561BA7.jpg

BTW if you are doing an Air Force A-7 I think they used the Aero launcher.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for the info Nick.

I did check out the Tornado already and saw that they sorta suited my needs although I would have to modify the attachment point. I guess I will need to make copies of them anyway for the double Sidewinder mounts on my own F3 conversion. I was being super lazy and was hoping to get away without having to do that just yet!

BTW, it is a Navy jet mate.

Cheers,

Eric.

23 hours ago, ericg said:

Hi guys, 

Can anyone point out where I may find a decent set of LAU-7 rails to replace the ones in my A-7 Corsair, either aftermarket or in an existing kit (not Trumpeter!!)

Thanks,

Eric.

They're in the design stage at the moment. I used to repair them and just happen to have a lot of references! I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the CAD program and should have them done within the next week or so.

12 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

They're in the design stage at the moment. I used to repair them and just happen to have a lot of references! I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the CAD program and should have them done within the next week or so.

Oooh now, there is something I will buy from you for my Skyhawk and Phantom

Brilliant!

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hi Guys,

Here are a few pics of my version of the LAU-7 and mount for the F-8 and my Aero-3B and mount for the A-7D.

As the builds are very much stalled, I only have 1 of each, I had the intent of getting them cast for multi copies.

GuRRtQk.jpg

Huuo0mc.jpg

LznmOAA.jpg

WP7KDEh.jpg

pLUzuiY.jpg

Aero 3B

JvcQcGe.jpg

aTc90Un.jpg

PtWMcQi.jpg

QA2QCDU.jpg

Barry

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Wolfpack has such launchers (reference WP32042) but for some weird reason erroneously label them as LAU-3a...! 

Aaah ok

Might wait for Dave's to support him here.  But if he dosent do them I will grab some or even Barry's amazing looking ones if he casts them