F-89F Advanced Scorpion

Dandiego

• 2 weeks later...

Small progress on the main gear.

bzToGQ1.jpg?1

And in order to add some extra detail to my wheel wells I have robbed some parts from a F-105 kit. These parts are the doors and well bottom for the F-105 bomb bay. The two long skinny parts will be cut down and will serve as the bay doors. The larger part will serve as the roof of the well.

iD727UF.jpg?1

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

35 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Man, I LOVE your ingenuity! You have a knack more this. Literally building models of one off types that we'll never ever see kitted (in any scale), and they look fabulous! A true modeler. 

And thanks for sharing with us!

Peter

I 2nd that. Great scratching, Dan.

Cheers

Rainer

5 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Man, I LOVE your ingenuity! You have a knack more this. Literally building models of one off types that we'll never ever see kitted (in any scale), and they look fabulous! A true modeler. 

And thanks for sharing with us!

Peter

5 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

I 2nd that. Great scratching, Dan.

Cheers

Rainer

Thanks for the compliments guys. I enjoy this type of modeling the most. Building the perfect model, as I see others do here daily, seems still to be out of my grasp. However I have the only 1:32nd F-89F on the planet! Or at least on the block?

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all little more progress. And a confession. This isn't turning out as well as I had hoped.

The farther along I get the more the mistakes begin to pile up. Lets just say that I want to finish this and go on to my next project.

But the wheels are on.

rizvhOo.jpg

8fr5h6t.jpg

Here are the gear doors.

cT5e8e0.jpg

And last the canopies.

lz3UAu1.jpg

Dan

Dan, I think this looks awesome! You've tackled a difficult project, starting with nothing but a basic fuselage, three-view, and a couple of photos, and produced a fine model.  Don't be hard on yourself - enjoy the journey!

Sincerely,

Rockie

Edited by Rockie Yarwood