1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta152H-0 White 7

Thunnus

On 6/20/2020 at 11:54 PM, dodgem37 said:

You have got the POWER!, John.  Masterful work.  I always learn something from you and your threads.  Thanks a HEAP for sharing.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!  Always trying to learn and pick up things from other builds as well!  I find LSP to be a fantastic resource!

On 6/21/2020 at 1:01 AM, Wackyracer said:

:bow:  :bow:  :bow: 

As always John just sublime. 

The bright green RLM 82? is so tricky to not make it look 'bright' but you've nailed it to my mind.

Thanks for sharing all the details and issues along the way, and so pleased you made it to the finish line.

Aaron 

Thanks Aaron!  I've been using Mr Hobby Aqueous' version of RLM 82.  Prior to that, I was mixing my own from Tamiya paints.  I've picked up AK Real Colors version of RLM 82 but have reservations about using it.  In the bottle, there are always streaks of blue pigment swirling about that never seem to get mixed in.  I'll be sticking to Mr Hobby Aqueous for now.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:01 AM, Scale32 said:

He's gone and done it again!

Really really nice work John. You really are persistent, the filling and scribing work is top notch.

Cheers Bevan 

Thanks Bevan!  I've become very patient in my old age and patience is needed to in the filling/re-scribing department.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:13 AM, Gazzas said:

It's always a pleasure to look qt your builds, John! 

Thanks Gaz!  Always good hearing from you!

On 6/21/2020 at 4:16 AM, Martinnfb said:

Absolutely masterful rendition of this famous bird, BRAVO !!! :m0152:

Thanks Martin!  Photos of Ta152H's in service are rare so hopefully, I've given a glimpse of what one might have looked like in operational colors.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:28 AM, alaninaustria said:

Beautiful in every aspect! Congrats!!

Cheers

Alan

Thank you so much Alan!

On 6/21/2020 at 7:18 AM, zaxos345 said:

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

John

Thanks John!

On 6/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, brewer said:

Fantastic! I've been following the build along the way and enjoyed every step. Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you Brewer!

On 6/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, chuck540z3 said:

Another stunner!  What I like about your models the most John is your painting.  Besides a smooth flaw-free finish, the camo markings look very natural, to scale and most importantly unforced.   They flow smoothly while the perfect weathering joins the look to create a commanding overall appearance.  You also nailed the underlying markings which is hard to do.   9.5/10 in my books, only because no model is perfect.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thank you Chuck for those astute observations.  I haven't verbalized it but I do have those types of goals in mind as I enter the painting stage.  Also learning to treat each part of the painting/weathering process as complementary stages.  Some stages barely register visually but it all adds up, hopefully, to a more cohesive whole.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Another gorgeous bird across the finish line John.  I really enjoyed the build sequence and painting process.  The colors Show up well on this late war Ta-152H-0.  Lovely efforts and thank you for sharing your builds with us.   

Troy

Thank you very much Troy!  Always a pleasure sharing my work here at LSP!

23 hours ago, bdthoresen said:

Crikey, John.....that looks splendid! You nailed the finish my man! Killer work! 

THOR    :ph34r:

Thanks Thor! 

21 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

WOW!  What an unbelievably attractive model!  Well done man, that thing regardless of any issues you had with it, turned out bloody amazing looking. 

Thanks Brian!  It was definitely a struggle at times but I'm happy that those issues left no lasting visual mark on the build.  That is always the hope when your slogging away with layers of glue/putty/paint that it will all blend in somehow.

21 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Unfortunately I can not still see the pictures.

Hope that Ray post this article soon on what s new..

I'm sorry to hear that Tolga!  I believe that somehow your access to Postimage is being blocked?

21 hours ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

SUPERB!

Thank you very much!

19 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

Stupendous Finish!  :bow::bow:

Thank you!  Relieved to have dragged it across the finish line!

19 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Fabulous model and then photographed very well.

Thank you very much!  The topside finished photos were done with direct sunlight on the model, which I normally avoid.  I enjoy photography so getting good photos of the finished model is always a fun process for me, especially given the unusually long and narrow wings on this one.

16 hours ago, RBrown said:

You work inspires me.

Thank you!  Lots of inspiration here!  I don't think I would be where I'm at if it weren't for the internet and LSP.  This is really a great time for our hobby.

12 hours ago, Shiba said:

Cannot be overpraised!!

Regards,

Matsu.

Thanks Matsu!  I hope you follow along on my Shiden Kai build... I need all of the help I can get!

7 hours ago, Radub said:

SUch a beautiful model! You tamed that beast. :)

Radu

Thanks Radu!  It was very much a BEAST of a build for me.  Not entirely the kit's fault but I'm not relieving Z-M completely either.  Thanks for producing the cockpit set for the Ta152H.  I wasn't impressed with the detail provided by Z-M in the cockpit so your enhancement set, especially the instrument panel was a welcome addition.

7 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

:goodjob::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you very much Miloslav!

3 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I know it was a battle, but you have produced a spectacular model, thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Awesome work!  I hope mine turns out half as nice.  My flaps are going to be modeled closed...I was going to model wooden flaps open but decided that it was more work than I wanted to do so I closed the flaps.

That's a good choice too.  Wood flaps would've been cool but I also gauge the effort required and make decisions accordingly.  Looking at the complex folds of the Eduard flaps, I decided not to go that route and just used the kit flaps.

Very nice ! I've really enjoyed watching your progress on this one. You made it to the end, it was a bit of a fight but you persevered and came out on top with a great model, well done, congratulations ! Those 82, 83 greens look fantastic !

I have a question about this particular aircraft..... this airplane always seems to be depicted as having the letter codes painted over, is there a photo I haven't seen  because from the shots I know of this A/C  much of the detail is quite hard to make out. I don't recall seeing the over painted letter codes..... perhaps its known from aircraft or maintenance records ?

cheers,

Pete.

3 hours ago, PeterOlsen said:

Very nice ! I've really enjoyed watching your progress on this one. You made it to the end, it was a bit of a fight but you persevered and came out on top with a great model, well done, congratulations ! Those 82, 83 greens look fantastic !

I have a question about this particular aircraft..... this airplane always seems to be depicted as having the letter codes painted over, is there a photo I haven't seen  because from the shots I know of this A/C  much of the detail is quite hard to make out. I don't recall seeing the over painted letter codes..... perhaps its known from aircraft or maintenance records ?

cheers,

Pete.

Thanks Pete! I based the overpainted code letters on Thomas H. Hitchcock's book, "The Focke-Wulf Ta 152", which describes White 7 toward the ends of the book with a color profile that shows the overpainted code letters.  The notes under the profile state, "overpainted factory codes CW + CG".  If White 7 is Werk Number 150007, it makes sense that it was the seventh pre-production H-0 and assigned CW + CG prior to being delivered to service.  The well known Green 4 was the tenth pre-production machine and is documented to have the codes CW + CJ.  The CW + CG codes are also represented on Eagle Editions decal sheet 32-133, which lists the Hitchcock book as a reference.  Like you, I cannot visually discern the codes in the existing photos of White 7 that I am aware of but I went with the written documentation.

26.jpg

ta152yellow1.jpg

Ta152H-0.jpg

1 hour ago, turbo said:

Another great model John! The weathering is very nice and natural down to subtle details like chipping on the undersides - using the sponge method?

Thanks Kirby!  Fairly light weathering on this one as I don't think these Tanks saw extensive operational service.  Yes, the chipping on the underside was primary using the sponge method.