barkhorn

1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The post above is about as good as it gets, and fairly clearly shows the rivets around the face, lower edge and rear of the cowl.

A misunderstanding - I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl of the Meng kit to be able to judge yet

Richard

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

A misunderstanding - I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl of the Meng kit to be able to judge yet

Richard

Yes, I did indeed misunderstand you. If they're there at all, and more or less to scale, they'd be very difficult to see in the available photos of the kit.

For what it's worth, noted that these things are listed on ebay for sale direct from China for about $60 US, I think.  No idea what they wanted for shipping or how long it would take to get it or if it would have to be quarantined once it got here, assuming it ever did.  Just thought it was interesting that this kit is such a hot topic on LSP and suddenly - boom - there it is for sale on ebay.

Based on a recent purchase from Hobbyeasy, EMS or air mail from China to the US is a no-go.  It’s either surface mail or expensive courier (DHL, FedEx, etc.) service.  The delivery estimates on those Ebay listings are September - November.