Mc-205 Veltro, and Mc-202 Folgore

Steve Eagle

Just sitting here in the house while the weather is hot outside- musing about a kit for these aircraft. Any idea if the PCM dies have survived, and if so, what are the chances for someone to release them. I built both in the past. They were somewhat of a challenge to build, but they still looked good when done. My problem now is the -205 took a nosedive off the shelf:o Need I say more. I thought being in quarantine was bad enough, but this really adds to it:unsure:.  I WANT ANOTHER -205-  come on all you model companies, PLEASE

Ouch!   I will speculate hopefully in a logical manner that one could locate the tooling but the kit was made up of components from a number of other suppliers (e.g., box, decals, instructions and resin goodies).  Then you need a supply chain.

Rick

Im beating a PCM 202 into submission now.  The cockpit sidewall areas must be at least an 1/8 thick on the fuselage halves.  There are a few resin pieces which are also super thin and quite brittle in some areas.  The only game in town well, except the 21st Century toy stuff and the old Craftworks resin 202.  

11 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Rounding the corner on the 205 gear.

Want wheels, anyone?

Cheers,

Damian

your making stuff for PCM kits?

kind of cool, but kind of odd commercially

[says Nick waiting for his Spitfire and P-47 landing gear, hint hint hint B)]

I'm ready Damian.  4 sets!  I just painted up your Dora 9 set last night.  Awesome job.  Waiting on my AIMS decals to show up for the gear legs too.  We live in a tight LSP community for sure.   

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

your making stuff for PCM kits?

kind of cool, but kind of odd commercially

[says Nick waiting for his Spitfire and P-47 landing gear, hint hint hint B)]

All are being worked on at the same time, Nick.  :)

Masters done for the Spitfire, both P-47's and the P-38 - in the process of making molds, will be coming very soon. The 205(mainly doing this for a friend) is close, as is the A-4 Skyhawk(Hasegawa). I will be releasing the first four followed by the A-4 and 205. I am hesitant to rush things. Trying to make the products to the best of my ability - takes me some time to get it right. Hope you all understand.

Cheers,

Damian