Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

20 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I got mine yesterday. This is really a beautiful kit. Too bad the instructions are somewhat confusing regarding the version features. 

I’d say that the instructions are non-existent regarding version differences, which sadly isn’t uncommon with KH instructions. 

As I looked at the kit sprues, I found a problem that has seemingly not yet been mentioned. After a double check in my books, I discovered that the IP hood has the shapes of the mark C one but the surface features of the 5F parts. So, to build a correct C, it is required to add putty and sand the sides to get panels with a smooth surface. 

Hth

Thierry 

2 hours ago, Collin said:

So, is this kit available in the States yet?  I haven’t seen it yet. 

Without a local hobby shop, where is the safest and least expensive place to pick one of these kits up? 

Cheers

Collin

They are available on Amazon with free prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitty-Hawk-KH32020-Mirage-Building/dp/B0827SGLLJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=16EX7834QZPWV&keywords=kitty+hawk+kh32020+1%2F32+mirage+2000c&qid=1581166725&sprefix=Kitty+Hawk+mi%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-1

Also in stock at Megahobby, if you want to pay more.

https://www.megahobby.com/products/mirage-2000c-fighter-1-32-kitty-hawk-models.html?utm_source=2%2F8%2F20&utm_campaign=UA-5732446-1&utm_medium=email

Edited by Dave Williams

3 hours ago, jgrease said:

Progress report without photos - I'm at the decal stage and the kit decals aren't the best. I'm at the point of using Solvaset to force them to settle into the crevices and rivets, and it's not working consistently. I'll post photos later today.

Looking forward to it! KHM decals have in the past tended to want to flop over on themselves. I found (at least with earlier KHM kits) that Solvaset seems to tame them to satisfaction.

5 hours ago, jgrease said:

Progress report without photos - I'm at the decal stage and the kit decals aren't the best. I'm at the point of using Solvaset to force them to settle into the crevices and rivets, and it's not working consistently. I'll post photos later today.

If you can find some, try Champ solution; it's basically the battery acid of decal solutions.

I received my kit today, well worth the $29.00 I paid for it, it looks great! Upon first look, the panel lines look fantastic, shape seems good and a nice level of detail. I really like the wheel wells that you put together in "layers" that give you so much detail then simple molded on details. That said, I'm afraid the instructions are kinda weak and disappointed with the incorrect IP. Overall, I'd say highly recommended. More to follow.

Chuck