HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, Hawkwrench said:

Looking better and better.

1 thing though: the fuel boom is a little bit too long. 

(It was pointed out by a HH-60G crew chief) that's why I mentioned it.

Tim

Would you happen to know numbers off the top of your head? We talking a mm out, or 4 mm out?

Matt 

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Model on Garth!!

excellent.

Pigfighter

Whheeewww....glad you got that one...eventually.

kinda like a hanging unbumped fist bump!

Stoopid kewl that helo you got going there.  On the probe length, fully extended it should be about three feet past the rotor arc.  ‘‘Twas that way on the shitter, I’d expect the same on the Hawk.  Retracted it would be a foot or two within the rotor arc.

‘’Timmy!

8 hours ago, Timmy! said:

Whheeewww....glad you got that one...eventually.

kinda like a hanging unbumped fist bump!

Stoopid kewl that helo you got going there.  On the probe length, fully extended it should be about three feet past the rotor arc.  ‘‘Twas that way on the shitter, I’d expect the same on the Hawk.  Retracted it would be a foot or two within the rotor arc.

‘’Timmy!

thanks brother-

I dunno- been staring at Pavehawk references for a long time and the refueling boom never jumped out at me..I ain’t cutting into it yet!

it is missing something though-

just the tip.

QjetqAo.jpg

UbVt0GF.jpg

On 11/4/2020 at 12:20 AM, scvrobeson said:

Would you happen to know numbers off the top of your head? We talking a mm out, or 4 mm out?

Matt 

Matt, probably about a mm I think.

If you would have read the post carefully, you would have read that the critique came from not me, but a Pave Hawk crew chief who I showed Pete's pic to.

And by the way,  in no way am I nit-picking Pete's build. His attention to detail in making this look right is beyond amazing.

This is THE BEST in-flight H-60 build ever and since my friend is a HH-60G crew chief, I wanted him to see it. He was blown away by what Pete's done so far, but just wanted to let him know the boom looked a little long, that's all.

Cheers!!!

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

20 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Matt, probably about a mm I think.

If you would have read the post carefully, you would have read that the critique came from not me, but a Pave Hawk crew chief who I showed Pete's pic to.

Tim

I definitely didn't see it as a critique, I just didn't know if it was a kit issue for other builders to be aware of.  1mm isn't too much, but it definitely can make the boom look different with a super-critical eye.

Matt 

20 hours ago, O.W said:

Hello Pete,

I'm following your build some time now. it finally made me decide to buy one from Ebay.

It finely arrived yesterday from the UK.

Your build is definitely gonna be used as reverence.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Otto

Hi Otto!

so glad to hear that! Happy to help however I can-

and BTW, my youngest sons name is Otto-

such a great name!

cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I definitely didn't see it as a critique, I just didn't know if it was a kit issue for other builders to be aware of.  1mm isn't too much, but it definitely can make the boom look different with a super-critical eye.

Matt 

Matt, it may be longer than that, I would have to measure it out and compare to a real time pic to be positive. I know nothing about refuel booms as I crewed a regular Army hawk and not 160th.

It could have been just the angle of Pete's photo, who knows. 

Unless your a Pave hawk aircrew, no one will no the difference in my opinion.

Every former pilot or mechanic will find something wrong with the model of their aircraft. 

Tim

11 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Even your gloss coats look perfect! Is their anything your not good at when it comes to building models???

This is a definite bookmark for reference Pete!

What was the ratio and pressure?

Tim

hi Tim,

about 60% thinner 

shot at about 20 psi

cheers

Pete