HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

37 minutes ago, IvanVasili said:

This hobby is getting more crazy everyday :o:o

I think the next evolution is getting kits prebuilt with instruction on how to disassemble them, glue the parts on the sprues and figure out how to make it fit in a small box.. think about the possibility, its like reverse stach building, you can only grow yoú stach at the speed you un build kits !!! 

Edited by Neo

4 hours ago, Starfighter said:

That's our own Fancherello by the way! He reckons the method is rather quick and easy taking into account you also have to spend time filling and sanding the existing recessed rivets... 

I'd give it a try, but how in the world do you not lose thousands of balls bouncing around the table???

Tim

12 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

I'd give it a try, but how in the world do you not lose thousands of balls bouncing around the table???

Tim

magnetic tweezers?  working in a hermetically enclosed and sterilized booth with vacuum atmosphere and magnetised table, one where you need to put your hands in gloves in order to work on soemthing inside the booth?

will try to come up with some more practical - and not so practical - solutions.  Also willing to listen to what others come up with - one never knows what one might learn...

16 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

This guy went about reriveting the H-60 model a whole different way. 

FB_IMG_1615435163408

He used .3mm soldering balls and glued them into the recessed rivet holes on the model. It looks really good, but wow those are some small balls of solder to glue in!

Tim

thats pretty impressive 

P

If anybody wants to give it a try, evilbay has a container of 250,000 for $23 bucks. 

The carpet monster will probably eat about 10,000 before you're done!!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/250k-0-3-0-30-mm-0-3mm-0-30mm-BGA-Solder-Balls-PB-Lead-Free-RoHS-/400901060837&ved=2ahUKEwjF1tTCuKnvAhVBnp4KHWWCDOcQFjATegQIExAC&usg=AOvVaw10VcEwzg6XN7qPMajezAl9

Tim

49 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’m actually tempted to give it a go. It’s the kind of mind numbing task I need, and would enjoy when my daughter is driving me bonkers, and I need to escape the mayhem. 

I’m actually thinking the same thing.   Anyone have a link to that guy’s build?

15 hours ago, Starfighter said:

That's our own Fancherello by the way! He reckons the method is rather quick and easy taking into account you also have to spend time filling and sanding the existing recessed rivets... 

Hi Ben,

Please pass on to Fancherello our admiration-

I will disagree with him, however, on one point; that if one uses the technique that I used, (or Woody at Archer uses), there is no sanding- a simple wipe with 97% isopropyl alcohol and you are ready to rivet. 
Using the Archer rivets was surprisingly fast and easy, and they are bulletproof too!

I applaud his ingenuity and dedication, and I always appreciate learning something new, but I am sold on the Archer rivets, and will use them on my MH-6 and Jayhawk...I guess I don’t have the stomach to individually place what would easily be 5000 rivets..

cheers

Pete

58 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Ben,

I will disagree with him, however, on one point; that if one uses the technique that I used, (or Woody at Archer uses), there is no sanding- a simple wipe with 97% isopropyl alcohol and you are ready to rivet. 
Using the Archer rivets was surprisingly fast and easy, and they are bulletproof too!

I applaud his ingenuity and dedication, and I always appreciate learning something new, but I am sold on the Archer rivets, and will use them on my MH-6 and Jayhawk...I guess I don’t have the stomach to individually place what would easily be 5000 rivets..

cheers

Pete

Yeah, now that I've mulled it over in my head, I don't think I want to tackle that task. 

I think I'll stick to archer rivets for my upcoming build!

Tim

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Ben,

cheers

Pete

I'll second you there, Pete!

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

"and will use them on my MH-6 and Jayhawk...I guess I don’t have the stomach to individually place what would easily be 5000 rivets"

cheers

Pete

Thats right, if you were only ever going to do one major Helo build in your life, fair enough, but if you want to do a few builds, like Pete, you'd go insane!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

11 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Ben,

cheers

Pete

I would use your way in a heartbeat Pete. On the other hand, the .3mm balls might come in handy for other projects as replacements OR for soldering photo etch.