HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

Pete, 

absolutely gorgeous work. Seems we are chasing the same dragon as far as our builds. You are light years ahead of my skill level though. Excellent detail and bringing this kit to life. I even picked up a few pointers that I can’t thank you enough for. Looking forward to seeing the build complete

1 hour ago, Tyrant05 said:

Hey mark, 

I have a vast collection of HH-60G and other variation of Pave Hawk systems reference pictures. Probably close to 200 plus. I’d be happy to share with you and anyone who is interested. 

PM sent

1 hour ago, Tyrant05 said:

Pete, 

absolutely gorgeous work. Seems we are chasing the same dragon as far as our builds. You are light years ahead of my skill level though. Excellent detail and bringing this kit to life. I even picked up a few pointers that I can’t thank you enough for. Looking forward to seeing the build complete

very cool! Would love to see another Pavehawk come together! Let me know if I can help in any way, and welcome to LSP!

cheers

Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

very cool! Would love to see another Pavehawk come together! Let me know if I can help in any way, and welcome to LSP!

cheers

Pete

Thank you Pete, I appreciate the welcome to this community. Your work is very inspirational and has me trying to modify my original building as well. Amazing work brother!

Hey all,

got just about all of the clutter positioned on the back bulkhead- now I can start moving towards the front of the cabin-

hl8yFU1.jpg 

uHmKCVR.jpg 

j5biFJs.jpg 

I realize that that these photos tend to all look the same..the progress is slow but steady. Much of my time at the bench is spent thinking..and moving bits of gear around until the arrangement looks believable.

cheers

Pete

Hey all,

these Pavehawks working downrange are pretty filthy..the dust gets everywhere. So many of my reference photos show helicopters, gear, and crew so covered in dust that it’s uncomfortable! 

AK Interactive makes an enamel-based dust wash that does a great job of replicating that ever-present Afghan dust. Thin it like crazy with mineral spirits and watch it dry..it will change as it dries and I frequently pull it back with pure mineral spirits as it sets up- modeling 101 reminder: oil based wash over acrylics! 

JL0CYlA.jpg 

70tnQFp.jpg 

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann