1/24th Trumpeter BF-109

Neo

Paint is on! 

i used my kids plastic scissors to make the leading edge wave. now they where not sharp enough to cut the tape, so after multiple attempt i managed to cut thicker paper. from there i rolled out some tape an placed the paper over it and cut it with my #11 

from there i know i had 2 identical pieces of tape so i applied it. 

1xTjnW3.jpg

0hrtIJz.jpg

Tk1SG2v.jpg

i then applied RLM75 (Model master RLM75) and RLM74 (humbrol 32) 

So i did my best to mothel the sides. i had blaack based the side with RLM76 and the motled the side with RLM75

then ioo painted the main camo using black bassing tech. 

TMXXDcb.jpg

olqHmal.jpg

Next up will be the masking the markings

Thanks for looking

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice work!

Thanks Brian! 

Short update today, ive played with the paint masks and have the basic marking almost done. 

Next step is the yellow

NkXtms5.jpg

rgRtc1L.jpg

x0PNbsG.jpg

i did get some minor damage while removing the mask ill have to fix that. 

uA6J6zi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And DISASTER! 

sop i was finishing up the markins using maketar mask and well when i pulled the mask off the paint came with it :BANGHEAD2::blowup:

TTPWqEg.jpg

Bmy4s9z.jpg

NYW8i70.jpg

This is the first time this has EVER happened to me. The only thing new in my process is that the base primer was Alaclad Black microfille that i was using for the first time. and since the paint stripped clean to the plastic im blaming the primer

Man this is frustrating.  some parts are easier to repair but the 2 tail swastika are gona be a PITA

More soon on the attempt repairs

cheers 

Ouch! I am surprised the primer pulled off. Lacquer should bite the plastic very well. I do usually handle masks a bit to reduce the stick, but wouldn't have thought it necessary for lacquer paint. Your 109 is looking good, though!

Sorry to see that mishap with the paint pulling off with the tape.

Your curvy line on the wing leading edge looks fantastic, and all the template paint work also looks very good.

It's hard to say what caused that paint to pull off!  Sometimes stuff like that happens and there's nothing we can do about it except suck it up and deal with it.  Your work is so nice I'm sure you will patch up those blemishes in no time and you'll back on your way.

Keep the updates coming!

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 12:21 AM, ringleheim said:

Sorry to see that mishap with the paint pulling off with the tape.

Your curvy line on the wing leading edge looks fantastic, and all the template paint work also looks very good.

It's hard to say what caused that paint to pull off!  Sometimes stuff like that happens and there's nothing we can do about it except suck it up and deal with it.  Your work is so nice I'm sure you will patch up those blemishes in no time and you'll back on your way.

Keep the updates coming!

Thanks for the nice comment. im pretty sure it has something todo with contaminated surface, i normally clean my models with Rubbing alcohol before pain and i dont think i did it this time.

Well she is all fixed! 

fixed the side 
sE0Tsbo.jpg

fixed the tail 
GJljjPG.jpg

repainted the black on the cowling
JiCcY2Q.jpg

And the finale fixed the RLM74 and removed masking with water to make sure it dosent pull more paint
g4Od9tj.jpg

HP3vjRC.jpg

Nose cone
uIY9mnB.jpg

Now on my last painting session my compressor started to leak air, i thought is was a hose fitting that got loose but to my surprise my air tank pierced! so i quickly dropped the pressure out of it for safety. So for the moment i removed the compressor from the thank and connected the regulator directly to it. im going to give it a try like this but im probably going to buy a replacement  im thinking of this guy Paasche D3000R with tank https://www.amazon.com/Paasche-D3000R-Compressor-Regulator-Moisture/dp/B001CJPWYM/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=airbrush+compressor&qid=1575230707&sr=8-6

Thanks for all your support ! 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Looks great!  Quite a bit of problems there.........glad you overcame at least some of them. Hopefully the compressor will be easily replaceable. 

Thanks Brian. Im quite happy i manage to fix all the issues. 

At the moment i removed the tank from my compressor and using it tankless. I applied the clear coat this way, im gonna get a new tank! not loving direct compressor

Started weathering this week. 

Im trying to fix all the issues i had on my BF110 weathering.

Step 1 : applied a coat of Tamiya XF-22 as a sealer 
- previously using alclad gloss
Step 2 : apply tamiya pannel line accent brown.
Step 3 : Whipe away using mineral spirits
- previously usgin Enael thinner

here is the undererwing result
RJZX7xF.jpg

here is the before annd after, only the right wing is done.
vgvEGGq.jpg

top is done 
TXPnNC3.jpg

compared to before
F0ZSjlg.jpg

Here is the top view
UyPqvtS.jpg

This time it went really well. I did have 2 spots on the fuselage near the '7' that i had some paint damage but i will mask it with more weathering

Ive completed the entire aircraft, ill get more pics soon.  

Now the bad news. i forgot to apply the stencils before weathering, ive now done so but they stick out like a sore thumb over the weathering , i will try and add some touch ups to blend them in. 

i must say this has been an eventful build so far

Thanks for looking 

Cheers