OS2U Kingfisher 1:32 Finished!

Fvdm

I'm happy to see this kit getting built by so many people. I bought it right away but then saw some early builds complaining about several issues and it put me off cracking mine open. Now I feel better about it since the last few I've seen seem to have gone pretty good.

You have helped inspire me to give it a shot sooner than later.

On 9/8/2019 at 3:22 AM, CATCplSlade said:

I'm happy to see this kit getting built by so many people. I bought it right away but then saw some early builds complaining about several issues and it put me off cracking mine open. Now I feel better about it since the last few I've seen seem to have gone pretty good.

There are some issues, but nothing someone with average modeling skills like myself couldn't handle. The main float has a precarious mounting OOB, and needs to be beefed up, the "X" supports in the main float are weak at best, and I broke them uncountable times, the engine mount if done by the instructions is wacky to say the least, and you need to make sure you punch out the holes for the wing struts prior to assembling the wings or it will be guesswork on those. If you build the beaching gear, the mains need some detailing, and the main float tail beaching gear is super DUPER weak and would need to be replaced IMHO.  There are probably other minor stuff Im forgetting too, but nothing major. 

Again, nothing the average modeler couldn't handle, so I am utterly flabbergasted by those who freaked out so badly after barely getting into the kit at all, and chucked it in the circular file as unbuildable.  Thats rubbish IMHO! 

There is other minor stuff, but like Ferry's build, I had fun with mine too, and I think you would have fun with it too, as long as you know some of the niggles of the kit.

Ferry's build came out spectacular! 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, CATCplSlade said:

I can only confirm what Brian says. 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:35 PM, ringleheim said:

This looks fantastic!  I love these planes and your kit is really nice.

Does that bit of catapult come with the kit or was that some after-market item?

That bit of catapult is totally scratch build. I had some pictures to work from and added a little fantasy

17 hours ago, silver said:

Looks good.Thats going to be one of my future builds.

Great. I'm looking forward to the WIP:D

16 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

That does look nice , I must say  :clap2:

Thanks Mike