1/32 Revell Me 262-A (New Tool) July 2019 Release

Thunderbolt

Can’t speak to what the European prices used to be, but Revell Germany kits were cheaper in the US before the demise of Hobbico.  Now that’s over, the prices of RoG kits sold in the US has risen.  The P-51D used to be about $25 street price in the US.  Now those few companies that have gotten restocks of the kit post-bankruptcy are showing prices of $35-$40.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, Paul2660 said:

I just noticed that Freetime hobbies has in stock most the recent Revell releases. Example the 1/32 Me-110. Hopefully they will get this kit in also 

Their pricing on the kits is very reasonable. 

Paul C 

I don't see anything there that wasn't available before Revell had all their financial difficulties and their US distribution went belly up.  Nothing recent like their Fw 190A-8/R2.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Can’t speak to what the European prices used to be, but Revell Germany kits were cheaper in the US before the demise of Hobbico.  Now that’s over, the prices of RoG kits sold in the US has risen.  The P-51D used to be about $25 street price in the US.  Now those few companies that have gotten restocks of the kit post-bankruptcy are showing prices of $35-$40.

Sad but true.  I don't think we'll see those prices any more, mid $20's for the 109s and P-51s was a great price.

1 minute ago, Mikester said:

I don't see anything there that wasn't available before Revell had all their financial difficulties and their US distribution went belly up.  Nothing recent like their Fw 190A-8/R2.

The Bf110 (Rebox of the Dragon kit) and F/A-18E were released after the bankruptcy.  The reissues of the 1/32 X-1, 1/48 Ju-52, and 1/72 Type VII u-Boot were post bankruptcy.  The Fw190A-8/R2 is about the only kit that hasn’t made it over here yet, but in many cases there seems to be a time delay of a month or two from when the kits get released in Germany to when they show up in US shops.

15 minutes of 'net searching later and I think it's still too early for the new Me-262 kit.

Can't really find it anywhere; found a single Ebay listing in Japan for $90 US and I'm not really sure that guy has a kit in his hand.

Still not in stock at the huge online retailers I checked, etc.

50 Euros at the Revell of Deutschland website is about the only place to get it right now.

3 hours ago, Mikester said:

For sure the 1/72 u-boat in the premier edition was not there. That’s a new release of an older kit with a lot of extras.   I agree the only one not showing up is the FW-190 A8 R2. Had to source that one from Germany. 

Paul C 

http://fpue1xh.jpg

I like the paint scheme of "White 4", but can hardly agree with the serial number! Reportedly 130017 "White 4" was the world's first jet plane to bring down an enemy aircraft. On 26 July 1944 it was flown by Pilot Alfred Schreiber, when he destroyed a Mosquito over the Alps. After landing, "the driver jumped off his towing vehicle and took this photo of the historic bird" (2). Flying the same aircraft Schreiber lost his life in a landing accident on 26 Nov 1944: "Forced by an engine failure Schreiber attempted to emergency land at Lechfeld airbase, but didn't make it to the runway. The jet fighter hit a trench and somersaulted, crushing Schreiber to death." (1)

http://SFBA0md.jpg

The following pictures, "showing jets of EJG2 training unit, are taken from a training film that was made in December 1944 at Lechfeld Airbase. Being towed by a Kettenkrad "Green3", serial number 110813 is passing the scene. According to Messerschmitt production documents this aircraft was built in the first week of December 1944." (1)

http://w5JUhoT.jpg

http://fytIOrJ.jpg

So do you think it's possible that 130017 could actually have been repaired and sent back into service within only a few weeks - in late 1944?   

http://khUp5nj.jpg

Edited by Chris Wimmer

Hello Chris,

White 4 of III./EJG 2 was not Schreiber's aircraft. It had the serial number 170061. You are right that Revell got the serial number wrong. 

Cheers, Roger

PS: I was informed today by the online store in Germany where I have preordered two kits that they expect deliveries from Revell this week and will start shipping orders by beginning of next week. 

2 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Hello Chris,

White 4 of III./EJG 2 was not Schreiber's aircraft. It had the serial number 170061. You are right that Revell got the serial number wrong. 

Cheers, Roger

PS: I was informed today by the online store in Germany where I have preordered two kits that they expect deliveries from Revell this week and will start shipping orders by beginning of next week. 

Thanks Roger!

That's great information and great news. too! I can't wait to get one...   :thumbsup:

cheers

Chris