Two-Stage Mosquito

seiran01

Hi Mike you are correct regarding the black over the interior grey/green.  I have seen this done on a couple of Mosquito cockpits and it is fairly hap-hazard in as much as they didn't remove equipment, just painted around it.

I've seen it 1st hand on TV959 and TW117 in Norway has the same thing etc.  It appears on some airframes that flew well past the 50's

gipsy%20025_zpskqzil7yw.jpg

I guess much like many post war Mustangs were overpainted too.

Hope this photo helps

Cheers Anthony

Think the build is strategically on hold this week, I’ve decided to add a resin cockpit improvement set made by an eBay seller in Australia. Once that arrives I’ll be back on this.

I’ll be drawing up the target winch in cad and will 3d print it also once I have some better detail on the setup. 

Will be be back at this when there is more to share, hopefully not more than a few days!

Watching closely.  I have an itch for the two stage HK model myself.  Want to do a blue bird with invasion stripes.  From the kit it looks like they have a meto bird from Wyton you can do.

Anyone out there make any conversion kit to create a full on PR variant of the two-stage HK kit?

Cheers

Collin

Thanks guys.

Collin - if any PR conversion exists, it's been marketed terribly as I did a pretty thorough search for any and all options for the kit. The blown PR top canopy hatch is included at least.

The resin cockpit - if anyone's interested it's been on ebay at https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-Mosquito-Cockpit-Upgrade-HK-Models/202566129411.  This set adds detail into the nose where the kit provides almost nothing, and will be much easier than sourcing some Tamiya sprues and scratchbuilding to get the needed visible details. I will post some photos once my copy of the set lands here. 

Anthony has gone above and beyond with assistance and sourced some ridiculously detailed drawings of the winch that these aircraft carried under the bomb bay. I will be drawing this up in CAD.  The same type of winch seems to have been used by other target tugs, and I'm tempted to chuck this one up on shapeways in all three scales once I get the design done. That is of course if there is permission to do so from the person who supplied the drawings.

Looks like that aftermarket pit on eBay is no longer being sold. Bummer. 

I’ll have to do some research, but if the kits comes with the PR canopy dome, maybe all that’s needed is some holes cut in the belly with some glass covers and boom you have a two stage PR bird. 

Cheers

Collin

Well that set looks nice but it does not solve one stupid problem of the kit: the step between the side inserts and the front of the nose. The only easy way to remove that seam asks for cutting the front fuselage section in a right and left part. This is a pity as this negates the benefit of the nose single part. I love your idea of that postwar scheme.