F-104 "What-IF" 1/32 Revell + Eduard + Master

artoor_k

Hello,

I bought very old Revell F-104 and after buying I started to think what I've done and what to do with it :D Yellow plane and black eagle...where to go?

In grim and cold night I hit upon an idea - not black but white eagle, nod yellow but red plane - polish whiff :D

I've ordered masks for eagle, seat from Aires, Pitot's tube from Master and I'd like to begin this ancient kit right now :)

This is my speed demon:

120543-10149-pristine.jpg

This is seat and tube:

edu632047.jpg

master-model-am-32-037-132-f-104-starfig

First photos very soon (maybe tomorrow) :)

• 1 month later...

I hate to be a carper, but that JaBoG 33 yellow eagle scheme dates from its last month of ops in May 1985, before the Wing converted to the Tornado IDS.

At that stage in 'the widowmaker's' career with the Luftwaffe, the Lockheed seat (as nicely as you've made it notwithstanding) would have been long swapped out for a Martin-Baker GQ-7(A) seat to increase the chances of pilot survivability. In short, the scheme and the seat are incongruous, although an earlier Luftwaffe scheme or a later type seat should set you back on the right track if such things bother you.

gq7_front.jpg

Edited by Chek
spelling

10 minutes ago, Chek said:

I hate to be a carper, but that JaBoG 33 yellow eagle scheme dates from its last month of ops in May 1985, before the Wing converted to the Tornado IDS.

At that stage in 'the widowmaker's' career with the Luftwaffe, the Lockheed seat (as nicely as you've made it notwithstanding) would have been long swapped out for a Martin-Baker GQ-7(A) seat to increase the chances of pilot survivability. In short, the scheme and the seat are incongruous, although an earlier Luftwaffe scheme or a later type seat should set you back on the right track if such things bother you.

gq7_front.jpg

I don't bother because I don't care :) As I wrote - whis will be "what-if" F-104 in polish markings which is as innacurate as early seat in late F-104 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Next stop - exhaust. As simple as it can be. I've made back end plate with imitation of turbine blades. Inner nozzle is a 1/35 Humvee tire sanded to diameter :)

iDDpI3U.jpg

Cockpit side panels. Throttle stick broken. I have to add it after mounting instrument panel:

ao1cJgc.jpg

vHXtzPJ.jpg

Hello!

I hope everybody had a great Christmas time :)

I've managed to do a base painting of F-104 (I forgot how long is that model and how much I hate painting with white :)). Anyway, it is now almost ready to put first masks but I'd like to wait until I'll be sure that gloss cote is solid. I tried to make a hinge for canopy. I did it (surprise,surprise) but not as it should be. At least I can see insrument panel :) With canopy closed it would be impossible.

2kMNiXz.jpg

xhAFQlO.jpg