Aerotech Piaggio Pc.7 Finished.

ericg

Thank you very much guys. Onto the finish.

SMS sent me their two pack clear set for me to try. I was a bit apprehensive at first as it requires mixing of specific ratios and has a 24 hour curing time. Needless to say, once again, I am extremely impressed with Scott's product. I have done quite a few gloss models in my time and this stuff is simply excellent. After mixing it in the correct ratios, I sprayed it through my airbrush. The instructions provided with the clear state that you should allow 24 hours for it to harden and cure, so I put it well out of the way so that I wasn't tempted to touch it. The clear has cured into an very shiny, durable coat and  looks great. Will be using this from now on for sure. Very highly recommended.

IMG_3770-X3.jpg

IMG_3772-X3.jpg

So after exactly 2 weeks, I have now finished the model. An impressive (and different) addition to my completed models. Better photos soon.

IMG_3778-X3.jpg

IMG_3779-X3.jpg

IMG_3789-X3.jpg

Great job on an extremely interesting race-craft - would have been a world record holder if they could have managed the power transfer (prop to prop) successfully.  Today with computers it would have been a snap (witness the America's Cup race boat!!).  Thanks for posting!!!

Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys. It’s nice to know that the more esoteric subjects are appreciated.

3 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Damn Eric - another unique stellar build!! Beautiful work mate!!

Cheers

Alan

ps: how’s life on the jet now? You missing the mighty Q?

Thanks mate! Life is good. Enjoying the 717 immensely.