ZM 1/32 Horten Ho229..FINISHED

Robthepom

How’s the harness coming along Rob?

i found the Hgw ones to be a bit on the “thick” side overall. Dunno something doesn’t look right but i still went with the textile ones. 

I also painted and weathered the zm ones and they look at the complete other end of the spectrum ie thin but are super well sculpted though!

looking forward to your updates!

Karim

On 8/29/2018 at 8:00 AM, karimb said:

How’s the harness coming along Rob?

i found the Hgw ones to be a bit on the “thick” side overall. Dunno something doesn’t look right but i still went with the textile ones. 

I also painted and weathered the zm ones and they look at the complete other end of the spectrum ie thin but are super well sculpted though!

looking forward to your updates!

Karim

Yes I agree for a fabric material they are very stiff, but the detail is great, i got the shoulder harness done but got distracted by the wings

I used the decals for the IP, it looks ok, i probably should have gone with the AM panel

VP7J65l.jpg

My messy messy work table

OlsWP4f.jpg

Some photos in my wifes light tent, when you get the wings on, its actually pretty inpressive

sAAxbtW.jpg

OAZvHqF.jpg

dLBiTnA.jpg

e5ihOnv.jpg

Thanks for looking:coolio:

Rob 

the wings look mighty impressive. I am on vacation so i haven’t managed to get anything done since i am back home but i managed to finish the seats a while back and am atill undecided on which to use. The molded in ones are quite nice i painted mine with oils and they look good but i think I’ll go with the textile ones. 

You say they are stiff, did you remember to remove the paper backing before threading them in? They should be super soft...

Karim

i-HdKrfT7-338x450.jpg

i-68cNwTP-338x450.jpg

Edited by karimb
Photo insert

nice seat Karim, i also like the kit seat with the moulded belts, they look more to the correct scale, the fabric belts look to big for 1/32

I'm still practicing my wood simulation skills, i used the lower plate to start with as you only see glimpses of it, you can just see it, but the wood effect looks great

wbMXkcJ.jpg?1

Couz9Ec.jpg?1

9 hours ago, Robthepom said:

nice seat Karim, i also like the kit seat with the moulded belts, they look more to the correct scale, the fabric belts look to big for 1/32

I'm still practicing my wood simulation skills, i used the lower plate to start with as you only see glimpses of it, you can just see it, but the wood effect looks great

wbMXkcJ.jpg?1

Couz9Ec.jpg?1

Superb woodwork Rob it looks very convincing!

looking forward to your magic on the outside skin!

Karim

Thanks for the kind comments, its a great kit with so much detail.

I have finished the skeleton of the aircraft, i must now decide what to do with the skin and how much detail i want on show, i might close one side of the wing 

I'm very happy with how the HGW seatbelts came out 

kAAcPUa.jpg?1

wZzt0kD.jpg

sqM7n45.jpg

K3KTyPH.jpg

bZMfLRW.jpg

YVAKIBK.jpg

ohSUmJD.jpg

QMtyhmQ.jpg

just need to tidy some of the weathering, then crack on with the skin:frantic:

Well i just tried my first ever line detailing with my new airbrush system, needles to say it doeant matter how much youtube you watch, its harder than it looks

I'm putting this picture up so i can laugh in years to come

and yes i did practice on paper for couple hours, I somehow thought id be really good, haha

hopefully the top coat will be better

V0psJyO.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, wait until the top colour is on and you will be pleased!

I also like the look of your seatbelts, they have come out really well and look very natural sitting on the seat.

Looking at the details and structure of this kit, I have a lot of admiration for the brave people who were prepared to climb in and actually fly this.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:59 AM, DonH said:

Looking at the details and structure of this kit, I have a lot of admiration for the brave people who were prepared to climb in and actually fly this.

Don, when i put the seat in the cockpit, i thought exactly the same thing, the noise must have been incredible, and the engineering design for the era is staggering

Its not just a kit, its a history lesson

Good and bad news

Good news first, I sprayed my top coat over the pre shading and it turned out great for a first attempt, i went a bit heavy in some places but it looks good (I'm not a fan of 'checker board' shading anyway), just needs a few touch up around the hatches.....cool great love my airbrush

TN1RnxK.jpg?1

Bad news, and i cant belive I didnt notice earlier, I HAVE TWO LEFT WINGS:crying:, my kit had 2 spue 'N' and no sprue 'M', What a pain, I'm so annoyed GAHHHHHhhhhh

So now i have to try and get another sprue, my first email will be to the shop i got the kit from and i hope they have good after sales service

I hate shelving builds, i tend to lose my mojo, at least the skeleton is finished and its good enough to put on display now

Mlc8gmT.jpg?1

mYjiErz.jpg?1

:BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2: