Tanmodel.

Phartycr0c

I would love to see a 1/32 Buccaneer, having spent 2 years at Honington in the mid 70s.  A simple diorama based on one of the single aircraft dispersals, with some ground equipment and a guard, really appeals and replicates how I spent many hours during exercises!  I'd probably build 2; one in 12, 208 or 237 OCU markings and the other as an 809 bird.  If a Bucc, the F4K and Tigger's Gannet all make it on to the market then with the Fly Wessex we will have representative airframes of 66% of the 1970s Ark Royal air group in 1/32nd - just need an AEW Gannet and an early Sea King and I can start a project I have wanted to do for the last 40 years.  I live in hope.

It's a very parochial subject with very limited appeal.  Very few users, very few color schemes, and not terribly widely known, especially by younger modelers.  No combat history, etc, etc, etc.

No combat history for the Bucc ??? Ask the Cubans and Angolans what the SAAF Buccs did for them.....

It's a very parochial subject with very limited appeal.  Very few users, very few color schemes, and not terribly widely known, especially by younger modelers.  No combat history, etc, etc, etc.  

Apart from the many posts on the combat history (and I am actually privileged to own XX894 which served in Lebanon protecting UN (British) troops as well as flying a number of missions in the Gulf War) there are actually quite a few color schemes - FAA - early and late, RAF early gloss light gray/dk gray/green later matt and different roundels light gray/dk gray/green, wrap around dk gray/green, Artic white and gray wrap around, Red Flag Brown/midstone/light gray, Gulf war pink, Post Gulf War light great overall, at least 3 test colour schemes (rasperry ripple, black and yellow, all black, dark gray, white and red, RAF black scheme, Thundercity gloss black, SAAF two colour schemes. 

That is at least 15 schemes - considerably more than many Cold War and modern serving jet - and that is without all the special schemes.

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Buccaneer.html

Edited by crobinsonh

Ah the beautiful Buccaneer, not a straight line on it! 

XX894....you lucky man. such a beautiful and may I say very well kept aircraft. 

Doing what she does at Bruntingthorpe back in 2010  (im ovedue a Cold War day run up visit ! ) 

40540963955_e13fbfeabf_c.jpgDSC_6422 

Edited by Phartycr0c

Ah the beautiful Buccaneer, not a straight line on it! 

XX894....you lucky man. such a beautiful and may I say very well kept aircraft. 

Doing what she does at Bruntingthorpe back in 2010  (im ovedue a Cold War day run up visit ! ) 

DSC_6422

The group do a great job (I am a software guy so I am not much use). XX894 has been repainted in the exact same markings as the RAF retired her since you photo. The website is www.thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com. We are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the flight of the first prototype on April 28th with 3 Buccaneers performing thunder runs for anyone interested. I can tell you now the sound of 6 RR Spey's going to full power is still amazing!

The group do a great job (I am a software guy so I am not much use). XX894 has been repainted in the exact same markings as the RAF retired her since you photo. The website is www.thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com. We are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the flight of the first prototype on April 28th with 3 Buccaneers performing thunder runs for anyone interested. I can tell you now the sound of 6 RR Spey's going to full power is still amazing!

I'd happily build one in 1/32. 

Javelin too if anyone will indulge me.