Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Looks pretty good from here. One thing has occurred to me: an ambitious kit like this will provide a lot of cottage industry aftermarket parts. There are a great many subtle, and some not so subtle variations to this plane; there should be quite a market developing in the next few years. Keep in mind this plane was the ideal canvas for nose art, with that big slab side.

Looks great apart from that nose turret split...no different to the ancient Monogram 1/48 kit...you think with todays moulding tech they'd be able to come up with a better solution.

It's not like there even a piece of frame that goes across there on the real turret to atleast attempt to mask the join.

That issue aside i like what i see so far!....can't wait....already know which B-24 im gonna build!:yahoo:

7 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

Care to highlight the pin you are referring too please? I dont see it.

In the picture above, it’s that forward pointing cone shaped feature about 3/4 up the side of the join, just above the riveted glass framing.  That’s the hole for the alignment pin.

Yea, they should have molded it with a right, center and left side instead of front and rear section.   Especially the nose that sticks out there like (wait for it....) the nose on your face.  :D

Hello aftermarket! 

There's a great closeup of the Collins Foundation's B-24 nose turret if you google it. 

I'm not a tremendous fan of the Liberator, but as many have said it makes a wonderful canvas for nose art, and the plane could be tailored to suit so many different missions. I can see this kit selling well.

I too am one of those who'd like to see a PB4Y-1, or a late war version with the broad "Bay Window" navigators position. I'm no shapes expert but it generally looks like -24, though i'd like to see a profile shot of the nose. Hasegawa nailed this area; Monogram and Academy, not so much....

Good thing i bought "Consolidated Mess' when i did.

-d-

Edited by David Hansen