Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

I sent a message to yanan. I mentioned it has been a month and a half since he "shipped" my kit, and oh by the way, I'm aware of you defrauding others. I told him a large number of "customers" actually know each other and are all aware of what is happening. He stated he's sorry it probably got lost in the mail and he can send another or refund me. I responded obviously I want my refund. I am interested if I can get a refund out of him or if I will have to go through ebay.

You have to leave the Negative feedback BEFORE you file a dispute. The ability will get locked out by Ebay once dispute is submitted.

How many people know that? Not many.

The system is flawed.

Between October 24 and October 31 the seller sold another 20 kits.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=322809003401&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

Edited by ScoobyDoo

Guest The Southern Bandit

Are we done yet?

Thought you were staying out of it Scooby? :) ... thread is going round and a round in circles now, nothing new to report for ages, I doubt Jennings will admit he never got his Corsair, lot of heavy Modeller ego wrapped up in this thread too ... its a stand off now and has seen the best of it, no Corsairs are going to turn up from those sellers, its a lesson in how to avoid scam merchants really, also the "I told you so" gloat guys are back in force ... its stalemate.

Interesting thread, but perhaps now its time to close and move on?

Honest suggestion .... Absolutely neutral here, have owned my Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D for weeks now.

aZ0MSVT.jpg

Edited by The Southern Bandit

OK, so what say we turn this thread around into a constructive direction...anyone have experience with refunds/disputes?  I will freely admit it was a long-shot at best and I am about ready to pull the "give-me-my-money-back" trigger.  Should I dispute through eBay or PayPal since they both seem to offer "protection"?

I filed a dispute through eBay in a similar circumstance; a Takom V2 and S100 kit, and got my money back within a few days even though the dispute website said it would take something like 30-60 days. Of course, in that case eBay had already closed his account so it was pretty obvious.

Glad to see some resolutions here, my popcorn was starting to run out..

These 'too good to be true' deals from China aren't just limited to plastic models, they are affecting the 1/1 scale automotive racing scene too. I saw impossible deals for car stuff on fleabay as well with the same exact tactics as these scams going on here.

Been away for awhile, got on a model railroad kick, now back to planes, both large and small scale. Anyway, I was checking out the forums, saw this thread, and decided to give it a go, so, yes, I bought the "Corsair" kit. Here's how mine went,

Oct 5, marked as shipped,

Oct 10, left airport, Hong Kong,

Oct 18, received USB cable, contacted seller through Ebay, also Oct 18, reply from seller, made mistake, offered to reship, or refund, 

Oct 19, requested refund,

Oct 20, message from ebay, you have a refund,

Yes I took a chance, I didn't have to file a claim through ebay or paypal, refund came from the seller. What surprises me, is that so few have received their USB cable, and gotten a refund, maybe they're just not sayin'

If it sounds to good to be true......

Quoting myself from page 2..even back then anyone with any sense could see con written all over it.

What a surprise nobody has got there "to good to be true" Corsair.

I mean really why even bother with it?

You having blown 2 months still dont have a Tamiya Corsair and still have to go through the entire refund process and "hope" to get your money back.

The things people will do so try to save a dollar even though its completely obvious to everyone its a blatant con...

A fool and their money...

Why not just donate the bucks to the Red Cross and it would at least do some good instead of lining some con mans pocket...

Edited by Darren Howie

Are we done yet?

Thought you were staying out of it Scooby? :) ... thread is going round and a round in circles now, nothing new to report.

I'm not gloating at all, I feel bad for all involved. The seller is trash, the people here are good people.

I'm very dissapointed this seller is still able to take money and isn't being suspended or stopped by eBay. He will make some money from this. I see this thread as a warning to others.

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'm not gloating at all, I feel bad for all involved. The seller is trash, the people here are good people.

I'm very dissapointed this seller is still able to take money and isn't being suspended or stopped by eBay. He will make some money from this. I see this thread as a warning to others.

I agree my friend, its a shame Ebay are letting this scam continue ... never thought you in particular were gloating (we've talked in private about this) but for sure, some have seemed to be gloating on fellow members perceived loss here and I struggle to comprehend that in a tight knit community like this..

I dont think the seller will make any real money from this, if he is a hit and run scam merchant/s ... and is pretty obvious he is now, even Ebay will block his scam attempts quite soon ... we all here think this is a scandalous major rip off ... and it is, but in the wider scheme of things its going to take Ebay a bit to catch up, its small change to them and Paypal ... and that's not our problem either.

I suggest all involved in this scam complain through proper Ebay channels, you will get your money back, some have already, but let them know please.

I think we are all waiting on Jennings now to admit he is not getting his Corsair but is a USB cable up on the deal ... a deal nobody would want to go through again though ... once Jennings says this, then I propose not delete thread, but keep it open for evidence if needed for those involved, but either lock it or just let it die its natural death :)

All this negative speculation about how the guys involved wont get their money back is bogus, the guys are already getting their money back, this is not doing the vast majority of Ebay trading any good ... Ebay/Paypal is not perfect I agree, but its the best we have just now for what it does.

Also, and whilst I'm ranting :) The vast majority of far east Ebay kit sellers are absolutely fine, just courteous and polite in their dealings in every way, its this recent idiot hit and run seller that taints them, seriously guys, bought many kits from far east on Ebay and other places before ... only reason i stopped is because UK customs seem to have noticed the loophole and hold my kit ransom for a bit then send me notice for their surcharge ... other wise still have complete confidence in far east sellers

I have two I'm waiting on that should be delivered around the same time as Jennings. See how many hits this thread has had? Over 15K and still going. I wonder if it'll hit the 20k mark before we are finished.

Quoting myself from page 2..even back then anyone with any sense could see con written all over it.

What a surprise nobody has got there "to good to be true" Corsair.

I mean really why even bother with it?

You having blown 2 months still dont have a Tamiya Corsair and still have to go through the entire refund process and "hope" to get your money back.

The things people will do so try to save a dollar even though its completely obvious to everyone its a blatant con...

A fool and their money...

Why not just donate the bucks to the Red Cross and it would at least do some good instead of lining some con mans pocket.

Those of us that bought the kit went in knowing that we were taking a gamble so we hedged our bets to see how it would pan out knowing full well that EBay would refund us if we didn't receive the kit. If it wasn't for EBay protection I don't think any of us would have taken the chance.  I can only imagine the posts if the kit had turned up for $12.00 + postage.

Edited by Maxim