Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

Did you order that yesterday?

Yes mate,

Followed the original posts link and it was on the Ebay page in similar items. There were eight left at that time. I went back this morning to provide the link and I note the postage price has been upped by US$100 today for the same item. The seller may have mistyped the postage on the original?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-stock/322809003401?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3D853b827bd7be47b9b546477c11d4d9d6%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D322729138082&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Regards

Edited by Kahunaminor

I sent this to xsxs3525:

"Other customers of yours report not receiving the item listed. Please refund my payment of $39.99US immediately."

To which he responded:

"Thank you for your purchased! When you bought this item, did you read the item description and shipping term? The shipping time is 15-35 days. Do you know?

Shipping number: 30467898296

Tracking website:
http://track.4px.com/query
http://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=&fc=190094

Because the International shipping requires more complicated shipping procedures, it needs time to ship and the duration on its way to you is out of control. If you don't receive item after 35 days, just please contact us, we'll give you a satisfactory solution. Thanks!"

I clarified with this:

"My concern is that the item is not as represented in the eBay listing. Other customers of yours have reported receiving such things as USB cables - not the model airplane as described in the listing. I believe that your listing is false in an attempt to defraud me. If so, please refund my money now."

And his answer was:

"It is a mistake. I have resolve the problem. Please don't worry! You will receive the Tamiya 60327 Vought F4U-1D Corsair 1/32 scale kit. Thanks!"

I guess I can stop worrying now...LOL.

So endeth the entertainment for today.

Well if ANYONE gets the kit out of this please let us know...I had similar issue with "great deals" out of China resulting in several refunds. They try to extend the transaction time to make any monetary recovery hard for Paypal by sending a worthless trinket (I once got a soft metal bracelet) so there is something showing as shipped. Most of the time it was just excuses or no replies.

Yes mate,

Followed the original posts link and it was on the Ebay page in similar items. There were eight left at that time. I went back this morning to provide the link and I note the postage price has been upped by US$100 today for the same item. The seller may have mistyped the postage on the original?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-stock/322809003401?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3D853b827bd7be47b9b546477c11d4d9d6%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D322729138082&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Regards

Funny, 

Now when I go to that link I see that the price for the kit is $9.99 but the shipping is listed as $30.00 USD.   Canadian site, listing in USD by a Chinese vendor with a near 98.9% approval rating on EBay.   At $39.00 shipped to my door, its almost enough for me to try it myself.   EBay always makes crap like this right if it goes sideways. 

Funny,

Now when I go to that link I see that the price for the kit is $9.99 but the shipping is listed as $30.00 USD. Canadian site, listing in USD by a Chinese vendor with a near 98.9% approval rating on EBay. At $39.00 shipped to my door, its almost enough for me to try it myself. EBay always makes crap like this right if it goes sideways.

When I looked at the Ebay Ca last night, it added the seller had edited the entry but at that time there were only 4 left. The postage was still US$130 at that time. Just now back to $30.....Seriously mysterious!!

Go on, you know you want to...a man can't have too many USB cables 🔥

Edited by Kahunaminor

I have been tracking the two "vendors" (who are selling well below market prices) since this opened. The shipping costs for both have been all over the place. One day it's one price, the next day it's another price. Weird stuff.

When I looked at the Ebay Ca last night, it added the seller had edited the entry but at that time there were only 4 left. The postage was still US$130 at that time. Just now back to $30.....Seriously mysterious!!

Go on, you know you want to...man can't have too many USB cables

And his answer was:

"It is a mistake. I have resolve the problem. Please don't worry! You will receive the Tamiya 60327 Vought F4U-1D Corsair 1/32 scale kit. Thanks!"

I guess I can stop worrying now...LOL.

So endeth the entertainment for today.

He has told two people it was a mistake now. And he isn't even selling USB cables!

Guest The Southern Bandit

What I don't get is how he's got any left to sell - I would have though another retailer would have bought hundreds of the things off him, considering they are well below cost.

I know mate, its utterly bewildering and makes no sense whatsoever, but we need to see this thread and what happens to its natural conclusion, the guys will be fine, no money lost and perhaps a USB cable up, but wow, what a thread, its caught the interest of all the modelling sites world wide now going by views :)

Hey this thread may even be useful evidence for those that never got their kit if any fighting dispute is raised by the seller, but one look at things already from Ebay/Paypal and the buyers will be refunded quite fast, I'm 100% sure about that.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

I would say it is likely that a refund will be given, but I definitely would not say that there is a 100% chance of refund from PayPal under Ebay's Buyer Protection Plan. My experience is 0%, and I'm 0/1 with Ebay Buyer's Protection Plan. Funny thing is, when I filed the dispute with Ebay, the customer service rep told me not to worry that I was 100% covered under Ebay's Buyer Protection Plan and would be getting a refund. And when I escalated it into a claim from PayPal, the customer service rep from PayPal told me the exact same thing the Ebay rep did. Four days later I get an email from PayPal denying my claim, there is no appeal process, and the matter is closed. Needless to say, I no longer have an Ebay or PayPal account as I cancelled them. IMNSHO, (and in my experience) Ebay's Buyer Protection Plan is a big marketing joke. YMMV.