Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

Guest The Southern Bandit

Buyers will get a full refund minus the administrative fees. I don't know what they are now, I only used the refund system once. Times have changed.

I recently had to make a claim against an Ebay seller for something that was not sent, got all my money back quite quickly, nothing was deducted and I never lost a penny, Ebay/paypal really are quite good good at this for buyers, can post details if you doubt me :)

For an item not received as described you only have 30 days to claim from the estimated delivery date. And their is an investigation period by eBay.

My investigation by Ebay lasted just over a day, again I can post details/screenshots of this :)

Now I see a post on another forum about us "falling for this scam". I was quiet so far but now I'm frustrated. Yes you tried to warn us, save us from ourselves because we're too stupid to see the clear scheme to steal our money. PLEASE understand, I knew exactly what I was doing. I thought about my decision for days before I made the choice to purchase one. I decided, based on a cost benefit analysis that it was absolutely worth it for me to take a chance on this. I'm not rich, but absolute worst case I lose 40 bucks, realistically I lose nothing. If my item doesn't arrive I get my money back. Best case I get a kit that I would really like but dont feel like spending over a $100 for at the moment. I took a chance, nothing ventured nothing gained. We all new we were taking a chance, not one of us was fooled into this. And for the record, I ordered from the other seller and I have not seen anything yet. Shipping says the package will arrive in November, so I will wait until then.

I think it is fair to post that this is happening so others are warned. The seller is still listing and selling kits. I received a PM from an ARC member saying he received a computer part (he didn't say USB cable). Until he saw my post he thought it was an honest mistake by the seller and he was waiting for a new shipment. He isn't a member of LSPs so he didn't know of this thread. That package was going to fall outside the 30 day period to open a claim from the delivery date. This seller would have lost everything.

Hopefully he posts this himself. So this is another angle that hasn't been posted here. What was his explanation to the member here who received a USB cable?

I'm leaving this alone now. I think it is wise for others to post their outcomes and results though.

Edited by ScoobyDoo

Quite a few of the orders are apparently still in the post and making progress, hope thread stays open until we see what gets delivered, nobody that bought is going to lose out, imagine if thread got closed and a 1/32 Tamiya Corsair did turn up, unlikely as that may be now, but hey ho.

Totally up to the mods though.

In for a penny, in for a pound. I ordered one of the last 8 apparently at US$9.99 with US $30 postage which rounds out to about AUD$55. I am in no rush, if it turns up woohoo I have a Xmas present to me, if it doesn't then I am covered. Paypal and order confirmation arrived in the email, so let the waiting commence!

Regards,

Edited by Kahunaminor

Hi All

a new line from the tracking

"departed from export center"

does that mean it's flying?

if yes, for sure it's a Corsair!

:frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

Have a nice day

Raph

Yes, it means that your USB cable is on the way! I'm getting really excited about my USB cable coming and what color it'll be ! And, I get a refund so I get something for nothing  Seriously I really do hope we all of us get what we ordered but who knows..

I normally am keen to the $9 price with $100-something shipping from China, as sometimes they figure they can fool people into purchasing something they may not normally by reducing the price of the actual product and increasing the shipping to of course land at the same approximate original price...............but Ive yet to come across that scenario where the end resultant price is still way WAY below what any normal store anywhere would sell them for. 

Hi All

IF this can reassures or add some new clouds to this discussion: I just received a reply from my "seller" to THE question I recently asked him:

d6sg07.jpg

Wait, wait, wait...

;-)

Interesting Rafju,

I bought three of these, two for myself and one for a friend without an eBay account of his own. Mine all are coming from a different seller.

Brady