1/32 Fiat RS.14

AlexM

Howdy!

The interior makes progress. I have to admit that it's partially speculative or "qualified guessing", as the few interior photos and drawings I'm aware of apparently show machines of different production series with slightly differnt layout. This applies in particular to the radio equipment.

qQJbcTX.jpg

f79fGtF.jpg

tPCjUnD.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys!

Here is a comparison of the waist guns position with a series I aircraft (middle) and a series III aircraft (right). My model rather follows period drawings from the second halve of 1941, resembling the early version with slightly differences. For example the battery (square box on the left) is mounted higher than in the middle photo. I can just guess that my drawings show a series II aircraft, but references about the actuall differences between the three production batches, especially the series II, is pretty sparse.

17x94vX.jpg

Brilliant work so far ... love the clean building and painting.

Jim

The rather clean painting comes also from my lack of skills in weathering :)

This is a very exciting moment for me: The fuselage parts are glued together. Thanks to connecting holes and pins, as well the two main spars to keep the alignment, everything went well :yahoo:

e6ybupj.jpg

Now follows some major filling and sanding.

Cheers

Alex

Guest Clunkmeister

I need to get out more..

I just found this thread, and as others have said, this is absolutely incredible, and I am completely blown away.

This has to be one of the most beautiful twin engine airplanes ever built. Such a sweet, sext design.

Alex, I love floatplanes and flying boats, so if you ever get to kitting this, I'll be first in line to buy.

Again, blown away here in Texas.

Hi Alex,

Extremely interesting project you're doing here! I like the way you've printed some of the interior structure along with the "shell" of each fuselage half..... I guess that not only is it convenient, but it must stop the bowing of the printed parts somewhat.... one of the issues I've had on my B-17.

How did you go when vac forming that clear nose? Did you pull it straight over the printed part? Was it cleaned up first or straight off the printer? 

I was thinking, as I believe Kevin has suggested, that it might be easier to cast copies in resin of the printed parts to work with for things like that? The fuselage I can understand not doing, due to the size and cost of the mould....

Fantastic progress so far mate, keep it up!

Craig