WNW Stahltaube

Bill_S

I prefer the DH-4 or, at least a conversion kit to convert the DH-9 to the -4.

There are so many modifications of the real DH-4, ambulance, airliner, etc. Yummy.

Stephen

The DH-9 had the wings and tail of the DH-4, but the fuselage & engine were completely new. That's a hell of a conversion kit.

Wingnut Wings will undoubtedly launch a DH-4, it was the best day-bomber of the Allies, but when is anybody's guess. 

Interestingly, TVAL have a reproduction DH-4, so Peter Jackson is just bound to want one in 1/32 before long. They also have a BE.2c and BE.2f, Fokker D.VIII and Nieuport 11, so - in theory - we should perhaps expect these in 1/32 at some point? 

(My logic is badly flawed, because TVAL don't have a Felixstowe, Taube, Roland, Pfalz, etc, etc.)

Don't get too excited.

I prefered it when WNW just dropped kits from absolutely nowhere. You knew something very cool was coming, but not what and when.

When WNW pre-publicise, they tend to mess up the release date somewhat.

I'd be shocked to the the Taube this year.

In fairness to WNW, what pre-publicized launch mess-up is on record, other than the Sopwith Camels?

A sample size of one is not really a large enough sample size to draw conclusions, is it?

The WETA website had the kit available for pre order a month ago. I have had it on order for nearly a month now, I hope they ship this month.

I was just trying to indicate that the WNW website has been modified in the last day or so, which might be a suggestion that things are moving along.

There had been talk I read of October 24th being the release date globally - though that doesn't always mean the distributors would have sent orders to specific stores.

I've been buying all mine recently from Section 8 Hobbies in NY (section8hobbies.com) - very fast packing/shipping and they still have their 15% coupon code that can be used on all online orders including wingnut preorders. The code is MAIL15 if anyone needs it

In fairness to WNW, what pre-publicized launch mess-up is on record, other than the Sopwith Camels?

A sample size of one is not really a large enough sample size to draw conclusions, is it?

Not just the Camels.

The Fokker D.VII's took a good old while to appear, as did the post-war NINAK & Bristol.

The pair of AEG's rumbled on forever before appearing, 

WNW prefer to just quietly beaver away, releasing kits only when the are completed, ready & Richard is happy with them.

Much less stressful than giving a timeline and then having to work towards it.

I'm not sure why they announced the Taube as early as they did? Just pushes expectations up as well.

There had been talk I read of October 24th being the release date globally - though that doesn't always mean the distributors would have sent orders to specific stores.

I've been buying all mine recently from Section 8 Hobbies in NY (section8hobbies.com) - very fast packing/shipping and they still have their 15% coupon code that can be used on all online orders including wingnut preorders. The code is MAIL15 if anyone needs it

That coupon is expired, oh well...

Not just the Camels.

The Fokker D.VII's took a good old while to appear, as did the post-war NINAK & Bristol.

The pair of AEG's rumbled on forever before appearing, 

WNW prefer to just quietly beaver away, releasing kits only when the are completed, ready & Richard is happy with them.

Much less stressful than giving a timeline and then having to work towards it.

I'm not sure why they announced the Taube as early as they did? Just pushes expectations up as well.

This adds to the reasons I do not get "hot-and-bothered" about WNW anything.

They are obviously playing up a totally obscure aircraft (someone's personal fetish?), and are trying to get us to pay for it, although it does not exist yet, under the "Pre-Order" label on their web-page.

That alone is enough to deter me to other "fish in the sea" of scale modeling.

The sad thing is, when the Taube comes out we're back to not knowing what WNW are up to...

As Robert Louis Stevenson said, it's better to travel in hope than to arrive.

there was that new number listed in the PDF catalogue some months back, with under development showing, so we can still play our games.