WNW Stahltaube

Bill_S

Except the kit does exist, it's just in the final stages of preperation before release. Heck, if you go to the Taube page on the WNW website you can actually see pictures of the completed model, as well as the sprues.

I saw the sprues in person in June of this year.

Kev

This adds to the reasons I do not get "hot-and-bothered" about WNW anything.

They are obviously playing up a totally obscure aircraft (someone's personal fetish?), and are trying to get us to pay for it, although it does not exist yet, under the "Pre-Order" label on their web-page.

That alone is enough to deter me to other "fish in the sea" of scale modeling.

One could argue that almost all of WNW's kits are of relatively "obscure" subjects. Personally, I think that's brilliant! The more obscure, the better.

There are not many WWI aeroplanes that most people would know anyway, outside of the Camel, Pup & perhaps Fokker D.VII

The whole WWI warplane sector is a niche anyway, one that WNW have expanded hugely.

Wingnut Wings normally never pre-publicise models, they just drop them on us when ready, so they are the very last company anybody could accuse of selling an aircraft kit that does not yet exist!

The Taube was the first bomber, albeit using 4lb hand grenades, so it's hardly obscure anyway.

Just received our review sample this morning. Looks great! And somewhat amazingly, they've managed to shoehorn it into their standard small kit box.

Review pending!

Kev

I'll certainly look forward to seeing that.