WNW Stahltaube

Bill_S

UMM is John Vojtech (sp?), isn't it? Yes he's great at customer service the times I've bought from him in the past

BINGO!  Yep, John is a SUPER nice guy. I have had nothing but the most pleasent experiences with him, even when things broke. VERY good cust service I agree

Brian they are not for sale on the UMM website though... damn those spoked wheels look gorgeous. Ive been trying to find some for the ongoing builds i have and only found the scale spokes versions for the AEG and for the Fokker E3

bugger

Karim

Brian they are not for sale on the UMM website though... 

Really?   How strange................I would have totally thought John would be selling those via his site too.........just looked and he does have some 32nd stuff, but all Fokker, Spad Nieuport.... 

Although mine do look VERY similar to the Neiuport wheels

Edited by Out2gtcha

Really?   How strange................I would have totally thought John would be selling those via his site too.........just looked and he does have some 32nd stuff, but all Fokker, Spad Nieuport.... 

Although mine do look VERY similar to the Neiuport wheels

It's a shame as i would have loved to stack up on those... ive seen albatros kits with the spoked wheels and never figured out where to get them from. The spoke 1/32 wheels never show up on ebay and its a shame

Yup, at least on the German side, there were several standard wheel types, fairly standard tire diameters as well. I'll put money on the same being true on the Brit/French side.  It's impractical for each plane to have uniquely-sized wheels/tires when you consider the supply chain that would be needed to get specific ones to the right aerodromes flying those particular aircraft. 

I'll put money on the same being true on the Brit/French side.  It's impractical for each plane to have uniquely-sized wheels/tires when you consider the supply chain that would be needed to get specific ones to the right aerodromes flying those particular aircraft. 

Im betting thats why mine for the Stahltaube look just like the Neiuport wheels. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Im betting thats why mine for the Stahltaube look just like the Neiuport wheels. 

If so you reckon i could manage to pull it off buying Nieuport ones?

I cant find any of the Albatros ones anywhere btw so i don't know if the Fokker ones would do... investigation required but what Ernie and Mike said makes sense because you can't end up having different sizes for each and every single aircraft that was manufactured...

Vince thanks for the link yes, but what i meant was there is nothing in 32nd except for the Gotha and Fokker, in WNW parlance lol. Brian bought the Stahltaube ones and they are not on the website for sale

I might even try dropping John at UMM a line and asking him. He was very helpful when I asked about the forthcoming WnW Stahltaube kit in reference to which wheels to purchase.  

Edited by Out2gtcha

I might even try dropping John at UMM a line and asking him. He was very helpful when I asked about the forthcoming WnW Stahltaube kit in reference to which wheels to purchase.  

That would really be cool because the scale spokes website sends you to UMM for purchases!

thanks bro!