WNW Fokker "early" up on website

Jolly Roger

I don't have a problem with raising prices, but I do wish they would consider a basic "sprues only" or overtrees offering with very limited bells or whistles (heck I would take it as a bagged kit with no decals or instructions) of a few of their more popular subjects for much cheaper - like Eduard has done. 

I highly doubt that will ever happen as it is not their business model but still one can hope.....

The market sets the prices, and clearly WNW has found their "sweet" spot. There are other makers (e.g., Roden), but for the most part, they aren't even in the same Zip Code.

With respect to the DVII in particular, WnW is literally the only game in town. If Roden made one, I'd buy it and to hell with WnW.

I'm not aware of ANYONE else who has ever made a DVII in 1/32. Am I wrong?

Edited by BiggTim

I stand corrected! Considering that most of their kits go for big bucks on the collector market, and are probably not as good as Wingnut, still not a less expensive option. Oh, Roden, if only....

I will still plan to bite the bullet and buy one when Wingnut releases it, but it will hurt.

Edited by BiggTim

• 2 weeks later...

The first four kits of D.VIIs issued by WNW sold for $79 and sold out in 2-3 years.  None were available at the time of the Early 2016 price increase when the kits increased $10-$30.  German fighters with lozenge decals (Roland D.VIa/b, Pfalz D.XII & Albatros D.Va OAW) all increased by $20 so it follows that WNW would re-release a D.VII at $99.

I stand corrected! Considering that most of their kits go for big bucks on the collector market, and are probably not as good as Wingnut, still not a less expensive option. Oh, Roden, if only....

I will still plan to bite the bullet and buy one when Wingnut releases it, but it will hurt.

Take a look at any of the WNW D.VII kit reviews here, and you'll quickly see what all the fuss is about. There are simply no better D.VII kits on the market, period. I currently have two, but I wish I had a dozen.

I'm a little bummed that their MSRP on it is 99 USD. It seems to be simple enough plane that I was hoping it would be comparable to the 79 or 89 dollars kits. 100 bones plus shipping kinda hurts to me, but I'm sure it's not a big deal for most.

Since like me, you are in the same State as WETA will (or is?) selling from, may be our high sales tax tacked on so consider your purchasing source. Not 100% on that, but possible. I bought my two Camels and Duellists box from Lots of Models and paid just $77.12 for each Camel with free shipping. That is where I will get my Fokkers.

Since like me, you are in the same State as WETA will (or is?) selling from, may be our high sales tax tacked on so consider your purchasing source. Not 100% on that, but possible. I bought my two Camels and Duellists box from Lots of Models and paid just $77.12 for each Camel with free shipping. That is where I will get my Fokkers.

Retail on the Fokker will be $99.  Weta since it is owned by the same person that owns WnW will be selling the Fokker at full retail.  Other companies can charge whatever they want based on what they pay for wholesale.  WnW raised their prices a couple of times over the last couple of years as costs have increased.  The Fokker kits have a lot more sprues and parts than the Camels so you can't directly compare.  Also, there are multiple more sheets of decals in the Fokker adding that much more as well.  As for how far will that $99 go, in my personal belief, WnW kits are the best out there.  Even Tamiya kits have their inaccuracies and sometimes fit issues.  I have only come across one fit issue with the WnW kits and that is in the Pup kit.  To each his own I guess.  I will be getting two of the Fokkers and the remainder of the Camels I haven't gotten already.  Now to build them all...

I like lotsofmodels as well. I've done business with them via ebay, and have been very pleased so far. 

The Battle Axe kits were considered a little "agricultural", even before WNW started popping out their superlative kits.

They look even worse now in comparison - EBay it to some unsuspecting modeller before it's too late.