WNW Fokker "early" up on website

Jolly Roger

While WNW has focused on some colorful aircraft, they have also been good about making sure important fliers like Immelmann get their due. I think Goering is just too radioactive.

I don't know, you could make a similar argument regarding Christiansen and his W.12 and W.29 aircraft, but they get max treatment any time those aircraft are the subject of a model.

The biggest problem with Goring is that all white is not such a hot sceme to build.

I don't know, you could make a similar argument regarding Christiansen and his W.12 and W.29 aircraft...

No idea who you're referring to, and couldn't find a reference to that name on the W.12 or W.29 pages at WNW. What is "Christiansen's" first name?

D

Thank you. 

Never heard of him, that I can recall, until now. Considering that he only spent about 3 years in jail for his crimes, perhaps he is best known only where he did his worst WWII deeds. 

He definitely does not have the global infamy Goering has. 

D

Thank you. 

Never heard of him, that I can recall, until now. Considering that he only spent about 3 years in jail for his crimes, perhaps he is best known only where he did his worst WWII deeds. 

He definitely does not have the global infamy Goering has. 

D

He was also a "Blue Max" recipient. If I ever continue with my Aeronaut books on the Max recipients, he'll eventually show up there.

I read a couple of biographies of The fat One some years back. Now my brain is so damaged I can't quite recall the details. I do seem to remember he was disliked for one of many reasons, that being once he replaced Manfred he rarely flew missions.

Kind of led from behind, as it were. :)

I read a couple of biographies of The fat One some years back. Now my brain is so damaged I can't quite recall the details. I do seem to remember he was disliked for one of many reasons, that being once he replaced Manfred he rarely flew missions.

Kind of led from behind, as it were. :)

I don't know that's so unusual. One of the reasons we have surviving U-Boat aces was the Germans sometimes rotated them out of command and onto shore duty. Germany did much the same thing with artists in WW1 and it was only dumb luck that Franz Marc was killed at Verdun before the order to withdraw him came through.

A lot of WNW paint schemes are either boring (RAF drab) or plain ugly (some of the early Fokker Is). I respect WNW for making sure we get both colorful variants AND the top aces, who didn't always have really colorful planes.

I'm a little bummed that their MSRP on it is 99 USD. It seems to be simple enough plane that I was hoping it would be comparable to the 79 or 89 dollars kits. 100 bones plus shipping kinda hurts to me, but I'm sure it's not a big deal for most.

That  $99 for the D.VII re-release is simply WnW adjusting to the "market" in the classic economic sense (producers & consumers communicate via price to decide what gets produced).  They can see what from their line has sold out, what the resale (ebay & modeling websites) market looks like, and are filling that demand with a new supply. What any of us thinks of their price is totally irrelevant.

I'm a little bummed that their MSRP on it is 99 USD. It seems to be simple enough plane that I was hoping it would be comparable to the 79 or 89 dollars kits. 100 bones plus shipping kinda hurts to me, but I'm sure it's not a big deal for most.

It is a bit steep, but since there's almost 0% probability it will ever be done better, we're pretty much stuck with the price.

While it will make me think twice ( I hate paying $100 or more for a 1/32 fighter), it's how the market works these days. i remember how reasonable Roden's Fokker Triplane was when it was released. All of their following WWI 1/32 kits were markedly higher.