WNW Fokker "early" up on website

Jolly Roger

Retail on the Fokker will be $99.  Weta since it is owned by the same person that owns WnW will be selling the Fokker at full retail.  Other companies can charge whatever they want based on what they pay for wholesale.  WnW raised their prices a couple of times over the last couple of years as costs have increased.  The Fokker kits have a lot more sprues and parts than the Camels so you can't directly compare.  Also, there are multiple more sheets of decals in the Fokker adding that much more as well.  As for how far will that $99 go, in my personal belief, WnW kits are the best out there.  Even Tamiya kits have their inaccuracies and sometimes fit issues.  I have only come across one fit issue with the WnW kits and that is in the Pup kit.  To each his own I guess.  I will be getting two of the Fokkers and the remainder of the Camels I haven't gotten already.  Now to build them all...

What I was telling my fellow Washingtonian was to consider that buying from WETA (was-is? to be located in Seattle for Stateside distribution) could include state tax to the total cost. Plus I so far consider they would charge me shipping even though I live in the area. I was using my latest WNW Camel purchases as an example of buying WNW items outside of our State as a good deal, additionally with free shipping. It has in fact convinced me to seek future purchases elsewhere. The Camel kits were only an example, not comparison to other WNW offering's prices.

What I was telling my fellow Washingtonian was to consider that buying from WETA (was-is? to be located in Seattle for Stateside distribution) could include state tax to the total cost. Plus I so far consider they would charge me shipping even though I live in the area. I was using my latest WNW Camel purchases as an example of buying WNW items outside of our State as a good deal, additionally with free shipping. It has in fact convinced me to seek future purchases elsewhere. The Camel kits were only an example, not comparison to other WNW offering's prices.

I would absolutely assume state tax would be charged. Amazon (supposedly) will be opening up a distribution center in Mo, so have already started collecting Mo sales taxes. As a consequence, I'm now avoiding buying items directly from Amazon, choosing other sellers there instead, especially where all other prices are more or less equal, which they frequently are.

I would absolutely assume state tax would be charged. Amazon (supposedly) will be opening up a distribution center in Mo, so have already started collecting Mo sales taxes. As a consequence, I'm now avoiding buying items directly from Amazon, choosing other sellers there instead, especially where all other prices are more or less equal, which they frequently are.

Exactly, and was hoping to counter the tax by arranging local pickup to not get nailed with shipping on top, but WETA Never responded to my multiple requests over the months the Camel had not released. AFAIK, they have no customer service. Will be seeking future WNW kits elsewhere.

I live in WA, and I still buy from Amazon frequently, but I highly recommend being a "prime" member. This allows for free shipping on many items, which, so far, has more than made up for the taxes and membership costs. Of course, there are many drawbacks to Amazon, just like ebay, so it's certainly buyer beware, but their customer service has been outstanding. In fact, the best deal I have ever found for a Tamiya Zero is on Amazon.

I live in WA, and I still buy from Amazon frequently, but I highly recommend being a "prime" member. This allows for free shipping on many items, which, so far, has more than made up for the taxes and membership costs. Of course, there are many drawbacks to Amazon, just like ebay, so it's certainly buyer beware, but their customer service has been outstanding. In fact, the best deal I have ever found for a Tamiya Zero is on Amazon.

I agree with this - free next day delivery, usually before 11AM, is very handy indeed. Also get Amazon video included, unlimited photo back up's, free Kindle books and superb service.