Look at all the LSP new releases being discussed!

wrbrdmech

Radders, I have a feeling you, and most of the rest of us, would be THRILLED with an An-2.

Thats an aircraft I really hope gets done in our scale. It would be bloody amazing.

Yes, I would love one!! I really want John/Tigger to sort out the one he has 'in progress'... I'd need at least x2..

Well like the rest of us I'm, very excited about the upcoming releases. However it appears by the lack of response to the "what about the TBD" question that it is a not to be.

I like all aircraft (Military mainly) but especially WW2 U.S. Navy .I'm so happy with the new Helldiver and bird cage corsair. I also have the Dauntless and Wildcat, Hellcat and TBF

With my purchase of the King Fisher os2u a TBD would really round things out.

I would also like to see some Japanese Navy WW2 dive and torpedo bombers  (Kate ,Val ) to go with the beautiful fighter releases the past year.

Has anyone heard any tid bits from the hotline.

Agreed an awesome time to work in large scale. Along with everyone else I would love a TBD. Wish Trumpeter had not got my hopes up on that one.

Personally I am yearning for a 1/32 A/B-26 Invader. Such a cool plane with WW2 and Post-War options and Firebomber options 😀. I seem to remember that HK's pre-cursor/ competitor made noise about the invader but nothing ever surfaced.

Excited to see what Tan Model does with the aardvark. Kinda wanna hold out for the SAC version though.

Zach

I am also excited to see all the cool stuff in 1/32. While none of the subjects listed here as "being discussed" or "in the works" are things I would buy, it's still great to see. The only thing I'm holding my breath for the is the much-rumored P-51B/C from HK. That...I would shell out for. Unless I build another one first.

Tim

PS, I'm really getting the 1/24 itch.....I just don't have room for it.

I wanted to scratch a TBD master for a resin kit (but when I see my capacity at delivering any projects with all the life issues I had to contend with in the last 5 years, my second name initial should certainly be T, as in " Trumpeter's Tbd" :( ), but then I had good reaons to postpone the project indefinitely ;). If it's not 2017, that will leave me cash for HPH's DC-3 :)

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

I've got all my stuff ready to go, Iain. A 1/32 model of my old bird will hopefully sometime Grace my shelves.

And it'll be the one I flew the most too. Boring scheme in white and faded aluminum with stenciled on registration numbers, but that's the only one for me.

I'm really trying hard with Mirek.... LOL!

There's always the Williams Brothers kit, Ernst. Not 1:32, but an OK kit.

There seem to be so many of us wishing for a good P-51B/C. I can't believe no one has jumped on this. I have heard rumblings from HK but nothing seems to be forthcoming. Honestly guys and gals don't we have enough Phantoms, 51Ds and  FW-19os already. Please please a P51 B/C. and make it fairly simple.

There seem to be so many of us wishing for a good P-51B/C. I can't believe no one has jumped on this. I have heard rumblings from HK but nothing seems to be forthcoming. Honestly guys and gals don't we have enough Phantoms, 51Ds and  FW-19os already. Please please a P51 B/C. and make it fairly simple.

Hallelujah & Amen to that!

If the P-51B had been Luftwaffe, we'd be up to our necks in all sorts of new, wonderous 1/32 kits of it.

There's no shortage of WWII allied aircraft in 1/32 (HK models is mostly allied subjects, Kitty Hawk is all allied subjects, there are 3 'recent' P-51s in 1/32, we have various versions of Spitfires from multiple companies, a comprehensive line of Hurricanes emerging from Fly, a BIG range of late Hawker aircraft on the way from Special Hobby, just to name some examples), and Airfix's recent 1/24 output is all british aircraft.

Meanwhile, most of the recent 1/32 german stuff is from Revell Germany or ZM (plus HK do335s).

And we have several types missing in 1/32 (plastic), such as the Me210/410, Hs129, Ta154, Fw189, Do17 family, and more....

So let's keep some perspective... being a german aircraft doesn't guarantee models will be produced.

As for P-51B/C.... I will welcome a kit if and when it comes. I will probably buy multiples. And I hope it's packed with options and details, including an engine at minimum.

There's no shortage of WWII allied aircraft in 1/32 (HK models is mostly allied subjects, Kitty Hawk is all allied subjects, there are 3 'recent' P-51s in 1/32, we have various versions of Spitfires from multiple companies, a comprehensive line of Hurricanes emerging from Fly, a BIG range of late Hawker aircraft on the way from Special Hobby, just to name some examples), and Airfix's recent 1/24 output is all british aircraft.

Meanwhile, most of the recent 1/32 german stuff is from Revell Germany or ZM (plus HK do335s).

And we have several types missing in 1/32 (plastic), such as the Me210/410, Hs129, Ta154, Fw189, Do17 family, and more....

So let's keep some perspective... being a german aircraft doesn't guarantee models will be produced.

As for P-51B/C.... I will welcome a kit if and when it comes. I will probably buy multiples. And I hope it's packed with options and details, including an engine at minimum.

No, being German doesn't guarantee models will be produced. But it certainly helps, both in plastic & resin, simply because they are popular and people buy them.

The P-51 is an iconic aircraft, yet we lack a good A/B model, whilst experimental German types like the Do335 & Ho229 have been given the (expensive) plastic treatment. Most every variant of 190 & 109 is available. What Allied experimental types have been produced? There are important Spitfire Mk's that haven't been kitted.

These are non-German aeroplanes that need a 1/32 kit, off the top of my head;

Wellington;

Halifax;

Hampden;

Lancaster;

Battle;

Roc;

Skua;

Defiant;

Firefly;

Fulmar;

Tigercat;

P-80;

B-24;

Anson;

A-20;

Hampden;

Hudson;

B-26

Any Soviet bomber;

Most Soviet fighters;

Any Japanese bomber;

Any French aircraft (long-run, long list)

Any Italian aircraft (long-run, long list));

Helldiver (plastic)

Devastator;

Barracuda;

it seems to me that the percentage of German subjects kitted in 1/32 is far, far higher than non-German stuff. Yes, there are some German subjects awaiting 1/32 kits, but really not many at all. The Do17 springs to mind, but other than that I can think of no others that are not available in 1/32, albeit some in resin - but even important types like the Wellington, Tu-SB, La-5, LaGG-3, Tu-2 & Pe-2 don't even get the resin treatment.

When I get some time & I'm very, very bored, I'll whip up a spreadsheet of WWII aircraft & whether a 1/32 kit exists for each. I can then work out the percentage of aeroplanes kitted per country. France, the Soviet Union & Italy will be bottom of the league, with very meagre offerings indeed. I suspect the Luftwaffe will be top, followed by either the UK or USA, with Japan trailing.

OK, lots of thoughts, in no particular order... here we go.

Given the (probable) lack of mainstream popularity of french and italian subjects, I'm not sure it's in any way realistic to expect them to be represented as well as the more mainstream stuff (american, british, german in particular). That said, there's a nice little selection of each from PCM and Azur/Special Hobby. I have them all I have no doubt they'll look nice when finished, once I get around to them. Odds of a Tamiya or ZM or Revell (or whatever) Macchi or Regianne or DeWoitine fighter in 1/32 seems.... beyond slim.

Regarding experimental types... this is just personal opinion, but many german experimental types looked cool. This is important.

But stuff like this?

3996_640.jpg

Er.... not so much. I eagerly purchased ZM's Ho229 in both 1/32 and 1/48. But I'd be in no rush to go out and get a 1/32 XF5U. Again, this is purely a subjective, taste-driven judgement.

Regarding japanese bombers - I agree, they should be better represented. At least in 1/48 if not in 1/32. Multi engine aircraft that might sell in low volume seem better suited to 1/48, where the investment costs are not as great, and the cost to customers is lower, possibly tempting modelers who might consider an offbeat subject, as long as it isn't too expensive. Given how aggressively Hasegawa has covered single engine types in 1/48 and now 1/32, I think we might expect more twins from them later. However if the 1/48 Ki45 hasn't been a great seller, that could dim the chances of future twins. If Hasegawa doesn't do a japanese twin in 1/32 someday, I don't think anybody will. So cross your fingers that the Ki45 is a good seller for them.

Regarding russian aircraft - I see the potential for this area to grow. We have a smattering of kits from various companies. Hobbyboss Il-2, Trumpeter Mig-3, Special Hobby I-16, and the upcoming Special Hobby Yak-3. What we really need is for a russian company to aggressively cover russian aircraft the same way Hasegawa has done for japanese subjects. I see Zvezda as being this company if they ever decide to step into 1/32. I hope they will. They've done a nice job so far with WWII russian aircraft in 1/48 (and even smaller scales) and russian airliners in 1/144. So yes, I really do hope Zvezda decides to do some stuff in 1/32. Otherwise I fear 1/32 russian aircraft kits will remain few and far between.

Regarding british and american aircraft - Sure. There's a lot that aren't done in 1/32. But a lot of those same subjects aren't even done in 1/48. Like the Hampden or Halifax. I'd love to see those in 1/48 or 1/32, but the odds in 1/32 are small. Just because an aircraft hasn't been done in 1/32 doesn't mean it needs to be or should be. Some are too big in relation to their relative popularity, some are just unattractive to the average builder. I don't think there's a huge amount of people are that bummed that there's no 1/32 Skua. Or Roc. I'd personally be highly in favor of a 1/32 Helldiver, Fulmar, Firefly, Blenheim, or B-24. To start with anyway. A modern Beaufighter would be great too.

Now, you've listed a whole bunch of stuff from every nation that's NOT germany that's not available in 1/32, and compared it with what's from germany and not available in 1/32. That's a really skewed comparison. And you've mentioned a lot of things that aren't realistically likely to get kits in 1/32 (especially if no one's even bothered in 1/48 yet). If you want a real comparison, then you also have to include all the german stuff that isn't generally mentioned and isn't likely to get a kit either. Let's name some:

Ar96

BV138

Do17

Do24

Do215

Do217

Fw200

He115

He177

Ju188

Ju388

Bf108

& etc.

I doubt I'll see a 1/32 kit of more than 1 or 2 of those in my lifetime.

Bottom line: there are many aircraft from each nation that probably won't get 1/32 kits. What we do get will be determined by a whole bunch of things, including: available research material, perceived popularity, feasability, and interest on the part of the folks investing the money to produce the kits.

My short list of things I want to see done soon in 1/32:

Helldiver

A-20

B-24

B-26

PV-1/PV-2

(new) Hellcat

(new) P-38

Blenheim

Fulmar

Firefly

Gladiator

(new) Lysander

(new) Beaufighter

Ki100

N1K1 Rex

N1K1-Ja

M6A1

La-5

Pe-2

Tu-2

Me210/410

Hs129

Fw189

Ta154

Ju52

OK maybe my list isn't so short after all...

Yeah, you're right, we need non-Nazi stuff more. Give me a HP Heyford or an Amiot 143 any time, and I'll revisit my "no camoes" implicit rule :rofl: !

Hubert (doubtful about the potential sales for those two, but serious about his interest, and would even love a Vickers Wellesley)

Edited by MostlyRacers

I'm still hankering after some of the heftier interceptor & recce jets from the late 'Fifties through early 'Seventies - Voodoo, Deuce, Six, Flagon & a really good EE Lightning - but there are lots of iconic WW2 subjects that deserve modern treatment...

Beaufighter, Hayabusa and Bf 110 G all need a new tool, and the list of missing subjects (as already noted) is still huge: Do 17, Do 217, Ju 88 C and G series, Wellington, Anson, Pe-2, Seiran, Ki-46 'Dinah' all coming to mind.

But lots of exciting stuff is on the horizon. Just need to get to grips with learning to spray acrylics satisfactorily!

Tony