Verlinden has closed down!

Barry

Hmm, wonder why they destroyed the molds. To be fair, Verlinden has been displaced in the aftermarket world by a number of higher quality makers, so it's not surprising they would close shop. About the only thing I found useful is their Mi-24 interior, which includes parts for the main cabin.

Guest Peterpools

I remember when Verlinden first came of age with their dioramas, books and then upgrade sets. Just not good news when we loose another vender.

Completely agree, I'm mystified as to why they destroyed their molds.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Ive never been impressed by Verlinden except for their prices. Compare their figures to the figures from Bravo 6 and there is a sea of difference, BUT Verlinden opened a new world to me in modelling.

Edited by RNoAF

They were my first introduction to aftermarket and while some things were superb, some of their figures looked like they had been starved.

Such a shame, but they went from what was the top of the heap in quality and modelling to an also ran. It is heartbreaking that they have destroyed the mounds, I bet some of the staff would have been in tears too see their work destroyed. I always wanted their 1/16 flak gun.

Just checked, the website is up, be careful spreading rumours like this as if it is not the truth then they may not be happy to see their sales diminish and it could drive them out of business.

As the website is up your heading is both misleading, damaging to the company and possibly wrong.

Edited by TonyT

Just checked, the website is up, be careful spreading rumours like this as if it is not the truth then they may not be happy to see their sales diminish and it could drive them out of business.

As the website is up your heading is both misleading, damaging to the company and possibly wrong.

Not a rumor. Here are a few of the pics on the Facebook pages, most of the pics show an empty warehouse, but these 3 show that models are being thrown in the dumpster. Theses are not my pictures, credit to the photographer.

14344862_1399923023370534_75281258337120

14358634_1399923896703780_19313342570548

14292354_1399923923370444_55330818648076