Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

This might be a better representation of what I'm looking at, at the moment (taken with a DLSR).

I was hoping to decal, but the Future is still a bit sticky this morning due the high humidity (we have a Tropical Storm on top of us).

I got some good quality oils so I'll be trying the oil dot filtering technique as well, probably after the salt technique. For some odd reason, I stopped being "nervous" about these things...it's just plastic after all..

BfmQ6r6.jpg

It's a good representation of a weathered and faded colour Shaka, I guess Olive Drab.....I know next to nothing about USAAF camouflage colours!

When I tried the oil dot technique it developed into my "own" system of grime by virtually washing out the paint using turps, very controllable and effective I thought, but I also think you need to be aware of applying layers of differing paints/filters etc which could react badly.....but I hope not! :)

Max

Really odd color..in certain angles, it looks brownish and in other's it looks more greenish with Future.

Olive drab is funny, haven't done anything with this in a while. I do remember using different paint manufacturers on the same build, all of them different. I also used blues/yellows/reds to change the tones, lotsa fun....olive drab and its "proper" color could be an hours long discussion.

Don

Half of the decaling is done. Now this is how decals are suppose to behave! The shark mouth applied without much drama, but it will require touch up because it doesn't "meet" in the front...not complaining. It's a struggle to finish this and I'm not sure why because so far it's been a relatively painless build (less the seam work)!

j22Uch5.jpg

Welp..finished up the decal on the other side, did some touch up with a fine brush,  set up the photo tent I just received 30 mins ago (less the lighting), calibrated the WB for my camera and took a picture.

Next up is to seal the decal with another light coat of Future and move on to more weathering! Fun!

kimvfxh.jpg