Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Top done with random variations of the base color tinted with reds/blues/whites/greys/browns/blacks (VERY diluted, sprayed as fine as I can)...I'm curious to see if any of this is even visible after the clear coats? Olive drab is very hard to work with. I feel like it's purely guess work in the end.

obsbTTj.jpg

I sprayed some Future on one of the wings and the subtle shading has all but disappeared under normal lighting (of course it got much darker, too). Some of the color variations will be more visible after a flat coat, but I'm super curious just how much. I've noticed this with props and figured that using the base color and tinting it would give me results I'm looking for, but we shall see...thanks for watching.

The Super Scale decals didn't fill in the black for the shark mouth for some odd reason and when compared to photos of Scott's actual aircraft -- they don't look right, but let's move on. I made masks using the original decal to paint the black area where the decal of the shark mouth will be placed and sprayed the rest of the model with Future -- 3 coats.

I'll apply the decals, seal it and use the salt technique to further weather the model followed by whatever moves me...

QcyORId.jpg

photos of Scott's actual aircraft -- they don't look right: I take this back, I've been looking at the wrong aircraft! This is his P-40E...

Edited by Shaka HI