Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Thanks Max/Mark.

I'll just a do little more, really....I just noticed that gunsight is this BIG blob of plastic. I'm not sure what/why I thought that would suffice. Maybe I forgot to paint it? I did glue it using white glue, so I might be able to dislodge it...oh boy.

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Enjoyed reading through all 12 pages of your progress and from my end, the weathering is spot on and looks terrific. As Max said, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I've been using Dullcote for what seems like forever and the newer bottles definitely seem to be not as flat as the older ones and require a few more additional light coats. I always thin the Dullcote 50/50 with lacquer thinner and apply light coats at about 12 psi working pressure.

Looking might good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks guys..I'll finish it up. Peter, sorry you had go through all that..I'm a bit verbose, sometimes...

(Never thought about thinning Dullcote, but I'll give that try. I do want to go a little flatter and I'm hoping I can mist it ever so slightly and thinning it will aid this.)

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Dullcote is way too thick for the pressures I shoot at and I find thinning and numerous light coats allow you to decided on how flat your want the final finish to be.

Enjoyed every page of the build.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Looking mighty good and it's always a good feeling to cross the finish line

Nothing wrong with a 50mm prime ... one of my favorite lenses. Photography is one of my passions and all my lenses except one are primes.

Keep 'em coming

Peter