Preview: HK Models 1/32 B-17E/F

LSP_Kevin

Guest Smitty44

I'm just saying... Don't expect to see it in your mail box in June. If you buy into the linear time illusion, that is...

Are you still doing the decals Jennings, because I saw a post where Neil said the he was waiting for the decals and the instructions from what/who he refered to as "AK" I believe.

Guest Smitty44

HK Models B-17E/F is available for Pre-Order at Free Time Hobbies, expecting June release. :m0152:

Sorry for some reason it will not let me post the link.

Barry

Oh, cool!!  Wait...I have to sell a kidney first.

That is going to be some kit ! Based on what I have seen of it, I'd say that $279 price, while not inexpensive, is still a good value !

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a discussion on the other site, that there is an issue with the waist guns for the F model, can anyone verify this? Here's the quote:

"#1=The waist gunner's position was an open position, with a sliding cover (with a vertical oblong window in the center of it), that had to be pulled inward and slid forward (on rails) so the guns could be swung out for firing, NOT through the small vertical oblong opening shown in the pics.

That area shown in the picture where the gun is is the window area on the real sliding cover of the original waist gun position panel. It is NOT open to the airstream.
#2=The waist guns on the B-17F were also mounted on 'swing out' arms as they were 'folded' back along the fuselage interior side when not in use, not mounted on 'stationary' posts at the windows."

TIA

Brad

Guess I'll be selling one of the weapons from the armory. 

Quit being a bunch of female dogs! It's a 1/32nd B-17F, and knowing that you guys are more competent than other modelers

I have no doubt that you can make/produce/build minor corrections to your hearts desires.

Hey, don't knock 'flat earthers' Their website says they have thousands of believers all over the globe......

LOL!!!!     Irony can be hilarious! 

I'll sick Neil Degrasse or Bill Nye on them.

Guess I'll be selling one of the weapons from the armory. 

Quit being a bunch of female dogs! It's a 1/32nd B-17F, and knowing that you guys are more competent than other modelers

I have no doubt that you can make/produce/build minor corrections to your hearts desires.

That wasn't a very intelligent response dude.

Have a nice day!

Brad

looking at pics online for the B-17F waist gun mounting, I think actually HK got it correct? I am seeing what looks like a stationary post mount vs anything like a "swing out arm mount" but I aint an expert.

Really interested to see what decals (aside from the obvious) will come with the kit, though already eyeing the "My Devotion" scheme offered on one of the Kits World sets already available....