Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Hi Wolf,

That is a supeb treatment of tyre rubber. Such a pleasure to watch a modeller with an eye for reality.

How many of us just paint a tyre black or a uniform shade of dark grey? If one looks at a real tyre there are numerous shades of greys and browns which you have captured to perfection.

Just like your Spitfire thread was,  this is fast becoming the go-to for Mosquito building.

Incredible work and a joy to see. Thanks for taking the time to share your talent.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

I'm not sure if you wanted to know all that, LOL, but I thought I might as well explain what I did.

Cheers,

Wolf

I appreciate the feedback Wolf, the more I read the more expansive all this "natural" look gets...  Such a relaxing hobby...

Cheers mate!

Al

Hi Wolf,

That is a supeb treatment of tyre rubber. Such a pleasure to watch a modeller with an eye for reality.

How many of us just paint a tyre black or a uniform shade of dark grey? If one looks at a real tyre there are numerous shades of greys and browns which you have captured to perfection.

Just like your Spitfire thread was,  this is fast becoming the go-to for Mosquito building.

Incredible work and a joy to see. Thanks for taking the time to share your talent.

Cheers.

Thanks Geedubelyer, kind words indeed. I'm only just learning some of these weathering techniques but so far I have to say I'm pleased with how they've turned out so far. Lots more build to go though.........

Cheers,

Wolf

OUTSTANDING work Wolf.

:yahoo: :wow: :thumbsup: :clap2: :bow:

Thanks Maru, always a pleasure having you look in. Remember to book holidays in September so you can join us all in Oregon this coming fall!

Cheers,

Wolf

great idea to share your painting teqnuick

thanks

Thanks Misha, other's sharing their techniques here is how I've been inspired to learn new stuff. This is a great place!

Cheers,

Wolf

I appreciate the feedback Wolf, the more I read the more expansive all this "natural" look gets...  Such a relaxing hobby...

Cheers mate!

Al

Yup, I hear ya Al, such a relaxing hobby indeed eh?

Hey, don't you have a recently restored Mosquito in Victoria?

Cheers,

Wolf

More rubbery looking than actual rubber tyres from Rubber Central in Rubberland, Wolf.

Not being familiar with the kit, are you able to mate the tyres to the main gear after both are completed to your satisfaction, or is assembly and masking the way you went?

I'm off to rubberneck those photos again.

Good grief Wolf..do you take some kind of perverted pleasure in making us feel completely inadequate.watching as we put head in hands while questioning our own worth??

I'm reluctant to even open a new post here.

Kudos my friend.

LOL 

Keep posting Wolf.  We all need eye candy.

A couple of bladders of gas please...........

The fuel bladders are finished and ready for installation. The bladders were painted with Model Master's British Crimson and then shaded with a mix of Tamiya's Hull Red and Nato Black. Retaining straps were masked and painted Model Master's British Interior Green and the strap tensioners were painted with Vallejo's Metallic Grey. Finally all the details were then given a wash of my 50/50 mix of brown and black detailer wash followed by a coat of Tamiya's semi-gloss clear. The only aftermarket used was the silver stripe decals to represent the hose clamps. How can you beat a Tamiya Mosquito kit eh?

Mossie-fuel-1_zps4l4o2fw2.jpg

Mossie-fuel-2_zpsndkt9xg1.jpg

Mossie-fuel-3_zpsycxhyepb.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

What!?

Hot damn, Wolf!!

Sure puts a smile on my face. Lovely.

Sincerely,

Mark

Geoff, Tim, Mark, thanks for lookin' in. 

There's still weathering to add to the fuel cell bay and some cables and wiring to add too. The fuel bladders are only set in place right now. Sorry the pics are a bit grainy. I can't tell you enough how fantastic a kit this is. Kudos to Tamiya for another Wunder kit!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee