AIMS Mistel 2 Ju 88 component

Pastor John

Arhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Montex masks arrived this morning - upper wing crosses no problem as paint on matt paint - lower wing crosses sprayed onto Alclad - disaster - no surface retention and I did not build up the paint too much either - other wing even worse. Will try one more time and maybe run a scalpel around edges of painted areas before lifting sob sob

20150921_134830_zpsr25clqci.jpg

Ok this is me done - i would love to transport it to somewhere with a real backdrop but it will end in tears with these Hungarian roads - maybe some other time. - Just imagine Tirstrop, Denmark before the snow comes and this thing sat on the runway with one mission abort after another waiting for a Mossy to come and blow it up - which is what happened.

IMGP5445_zpswfavmdgq.jpgIMGP5446_zpsmwe65hha.jpgIMGP5448_zps5fusx9im.jpgIMGP5449_zpss9ehkluo.jpg

Well, well Pastor John! What a beautiful model of such a unique aircraft!! Bloody good job and a few headaches too along the way - but, you're finally done! Two things come to mind when I see this model: how did they start up the FW all the way up there?? This beast symbolizes the great lengths humanity has gone during times of war and epitomizes the insanity of our own conflicts...

What an impressive build!!

Cheers

Alan