1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

Hi Derek, looking every inch a master piece. Just one observation, the u/c door with the tele brief writing is showing the wrong symbol. You seem to have used the one for the ground power connection (same symbol as the other door). I am sure you will correct me but I am used to seeing a telephone symbol on other aircraft.

Bob.

Now into my 50th year working on aircraft. Same as the Hawk T Mk1:D

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Victor K2 said:

Hi Derek, looking every inch a master piece. Just one observation, the u/c door with the tele brief writing is showing the wrong symbol. You seem to have used the one for the ground power connection (same symbol as the other door). I am sure you will correct me but I am used to seeing a telephone symbol on other aircraft.

Bob.

Now into my 50th year working on aircraft. Same as the Hawk T Mk1:D

Hi Bob - thanks for your observation (and very kind words). You are, of course, correct. There are many errors on the Trumpeter decals, so at best, I would say that they are a very unhappy compromise. I did not pick up the error at the time, otherwise, I would have cut the electrical ground  power symbol off the telebrief decal - I am unsure if I can now correct this, but I will see what can be done?

LNh43wW.jpeg

Happy 50th anniversary to both you and the Hawk! (I am now back on Hawk since last November, but part time!).

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

The subtlety of your wash looks excellent Derek. 

It's all too easy to give the model a plaid appearance but so far, so good. 

Working the colour into areas of heavier use only is the key to realism and it's obvious you're fully aware of that. 

What a splendid job this is.

What I find particularly pleasing is your attention to all of the differing tones and colours that the full sized airframes exhibit. This underlines your intimate knowledge of your subject. 

Well done :clap2: