Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Thanks All....More to come...washes and weathering...

Wheels are almost done..ive painted the red stripe...masking and then AB....wahses....the tyre will get some treatment...

v7wo5t.jpg

Tailwheel is almost done....minor adjustments still needed Before ill let it go and let it be as it is...yes this will do just fine for me...as the Aircraft is in good shape...bute hey it is bleached and some salt must made some corrosion and several practice landings must made some hydrallic fluid rinning from the pistons...

Yakies the are big pics...now i cant hide from any errors at all.....hope i don scare people of by seeing theese.

2s9u0w5.jpg

2qan3m0.jpg

2ljmdlj.jpg

Rest on the assembly line ready for washes and weathering....Also...The Custom Vinyl Masks From Fredrik Almelöf that he made for this specific build....damn they are crisp and fine.

qq4bwx.jpg

But not now...ill be of for 10 Days...im going to France with my girlfirend ...Paris 2 ´Nights...then of to Normandy or La Rochelle by trai.. or we do them both....As im in to see the beaches and U-Boat bunkers....perfect if both....

So stay tuned....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks ...Thanks i shure did need it Before a go to france....

Just unmasked.....so that no nasty surprise awaits....we all been there before.....i had to check....

Damn......flawless....no paintdust that slipped in...no fibres...as ive taken actions to avoid all that...but still have to check.....

Dont worry...got more masks for this one if needed....

so.....now relax with a cold beer...lets say a few...

1673ly.jpg

2jdquf.jpg

dh47sy.jpg

3097q75.jpg

Mal

Flawless work indeed, Mal! How did you add the red stripes to the wheels? They're very neat, like you masked and airbrushed them, but there's no overspray or wobbly bits that you normally get trying to mask over so many lumps and bumps. But they look too neat to be brush-painted. Tell us your secret!

Kev

Ive masked it...as usuall.....first thin stripes as they can follow the profile as a guide for the rest, since want to have equal width on the stripes...., then wider srtipes of tape and push them down with a thoothpic so it follows the curve....then mask of the rest....and important.....dont shoot the Airbrush from several agngles....just in top...as it will follow the mask...first flat White...the flat red...then candy red gloss...so it gets Deep enough since thy are so thin stripes....and thats it....no black magic here at all...just straight forward....take a bit of time, but Worth it all the time, as you know me by now...as i try to paint all that i can paint....no matter how long it takes to mask and do it...hey, i got all the time i need..as i never build on deadlines or shows or anything....so just plain work here buddy.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks for them kind Words...this is the arsenal ive pre picked i see fit for this, as it is light grey....as it is in my Taste... (others may not agree but hey that is the thing different styles and results what want to acheive)

Note theese are the tones fot this specific build......other builds with other colors of course other colors aswell, and many times less...this aquired this arsenal anyway for me...

a1o7j5_zpskweve1lh.jpg

Ps reason for Zippo gasoline fuel...yes it dries much faster.....than ordinary artist oilcolor solvents....and in that way when inspiration is ther and a Picture in head...hell yeah...that is one of my favorites for oils now....yes oilsolvent is great also but in other situatioins when want "stickier and slower drying time)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Nice Mal! Really is coming together now!!!!

PS

If you ever so inclined (and if its available in Sweden), I've found a product called "Japan Drier" that when added to the oil, or in my case, used solely as a thinning agent DRAMATICALLY decreases the oil drying time.

Works REALLY well.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Nice Mal! Really is coming together now!!!!

PS

If you ever so inclined (and if its available in Sweden), I've found a product called "Japan Drier" that when added to the oil, or in my case, used solely as a thinning agent DRAMATICALLY decreases the oil drying time.

Works REALLY well.

Thanks Brian...ill check it up....but as ive just discovered...(in fact on my zeke)...Zippo wworks very well....and i mean very well for my needs....that decreases drying time fast...one thing more if not like easily removed with the fluid...

Caution on oilors....and that means all ...Blue...sepcially Preussian blue as it NAILS in to the coat...as the others yes the go away...but Blue so be carefull and Think twice...as i know this by experiance...so dont sswab with the blue one......

Also Zippo fluid dont harm the paint at all....as it removes Tamiyas Enamel wash, oils...and my silverpen paint (yes very forgiving), just take a cotton stick and moisten it with Zippo and remove, and start all over again like it never happened....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford