Mal_Belford

Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Looks real good Mal, can't wait to see the landing gear under a wash by Mals way, looking forward to this part of the build. Your build is absolutely stunning

Jeff

Thanks for them kind Words...this is the arsenal ive pre picked i see fit for this, as it is light grey....as it is in my Taste... (others may not agree but hey that is the thing different styles and results what want to acheive)

Note theese are the tones fot this specific build......other builds with other colors of course other colors aswell, and many times less...this aquired this arsenal anyway for me...

a1o7j5_zpskweve1lh.jpg

Ps reason for Zippo gasoline fuel...yes it dries much faster.....than ordinary artist oilcolor solvents....and in that way when inspiration is ther and a Picture in head...hell yeah...that is one of my favorites for oils now....yes oilsolvent is great also but in other situatioins when want "stickier and slower drying time)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Nice Mal! Really is coming together now!!!!

PS

If you ever so inclined (and if its available in Sweden), I've found a product called "Japan Drier" that when added to the oil, or in my case, used solely as a thinning agent DRAMATICALLY decreases the oil drying time.

Works REALLY well.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Nice Mal! Really is coming together now!!!!

PS

If you ever so inclined (and if its available in Sweden), I've found a product called "Japan Drier" that when added to the oil, or in my case, used solely as a thinning agent DRAMATICALLY decreases the oil drying time.

Works REALLY well.

Thanks Brian...ill check it up....but as ive just discovered...(in fact on my zeke)...Zippo wworks very well....and i mean very well for my needs....that decreases drying time fast...one thing more if not like easily removed with the fluid...

Caution on oilors....and that means all ...Blue...sepcially Preussian blue as it NAILS in to the coat...as the others yes the go away...but Blue so be carefull and Think twice...as i know this by experiance...so dont sswab with the blue one......

Also Zippo fluid dont harm the paint at all....as it removes Tamiyas Enamel wash, oils...and my silverpen paint (yes very forgiving), just take a cotton stick and moisten it with Zippo and remove, and start all over again like it never happened....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mounted the mirror in canopy....

mmbtb5.jpg

Geeez....almost forgot the decal....it is curing......yaikes ...lol

2nlbz9u.jpg

Dryfitting....yes this ridiciolus detait ads to the whole...small thing have big beginings (prometheus Michael Fassbender)

m81daf.jpg

f4k28z.jpg

/Mal

Thanks Marmaduke for them kind words.

Youve done a real nice start on yours as i very much liked youre ip...and im looking forward to see more of it as you got alot of aftermarket goodies for the build....

/Mal

Mal,

Havent been around much and Ive accomplished even less. When I do get here, I always look for your work which, never fails to disappoint me. Youre a Master...

Geoff