Dandiego

1:32 Skyshark

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Working on some small stuff. First are the bombs. I thought that I was pretty smart so I dunked the bombs in future. What I didn't realize is the attatchment holes allowed future into the body so that everytime that I touched them future would leak out of the holes. So I had to drill a hole in the aft end of each bomb and set them up to drain. You can see a puddle of future to the left of one of the bombs. Why gloss the bombs?? I want to use the kit decals to add the yellow markings instead of masking and painting.

002_zps9qucq4hm.jpg

Also worked on the HVAR's. Painted the noses green.

005_zpsbzwrw6w5.jpg

Added some detail to the seat by shaping the headrest and adding the ejection pull ring.

006_zpsgpzbs1mc.jpg

And finally I added a flat black anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen. I also painted a solid decal black and added it to the wing root as a walkway.

003_zpsqhestxjc.jpg

004_zps1ts0w9ht.jpg

Slow progress.

Dan

Hey all.

Not much done this week. I have worked on the bombs and rockets. Almost done. Hard to tell in the photo but I did some oil weathering on these bad boys. First time with oils didn't want to overdo it.

e674f903-205b-40e6-85aa-e970e961fa43_zps

And a little work on the props. Lots of putty and sanding before they can be called ready.

002_zpspjjdpczg.jpg

Props will be sanded, primed and painted in the next couple of days.

I have also weathered the aircraft with oils as well. No photos yet, but I tried to keep it subtle as I didn't want to overdo it.

Dan 

Thanks Iain.Your comments are greatly appreciated, especially from a super modeler such as yourself.

This has been a long and complicated build. For me a lot of fun and satisfaction. And a lot of new techniques. It has not been without problems. Not all of my work has gone exactly the way I would have liked.

I always set out to build the perfect model. Once again I am falling short. However I will use what I have learned on this project and hopefully apply new and improved skills on my next big project.

However it does look like a Skyshark. And it is very close to the finish line. Should have it finished by New Years Day.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Personally I think your achievements are admirable. At least you have had a go and on my monitor the results look superb.

Kudos for making a good job of what was a very ambitious project.

I'm eager to see her in all of her finished glory.

Cheers.

Love this build Dan ... coming together beautifully. We always see the flaws in our own work and judge them harshly ... but to my eye it looks great, a super display of skills. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Cheers

Jim

Dan,

Crikey   !! :yahoo:  ...  I haven't been online for a few days and come back to see

an Absolutely SUPERB bit of modelling.

FLAWLESS and the colors gives it a Vavoom  feel to it  !! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Keep it coming ..enjoying the build very much {love it } :clap2:

thank you ..

Thanks everyone for all of the positive replies. Warms my heart!

Ok on to the underwing thingies. Bombs and wing tanks are shown in the first photo.

004_zpsmrbaco1j.jpg

Next the 5" rockets ready to be installed. Had to make these myself from spare missiles out of the spares box, And all of the fins, 40 in all.

006_zps9bqm0jca.jpg

Props...painted and installed at last.

001_zps0pbrwo5c.jpg

And last for today applying exhaust stains. Here is my loose mask to prevent overspray. Still working on these to get them right.

003_zpsxu6ltptb.jpg

Hope to have this finished by this weekend.

Dan

Looking brilliant Dan - really is...  :thumbsup:

I love seeing projects like this.

Like all modellers - we're are own worst critics - we know where the 'faults' are (I say faults - but it's usually just stuff we just wanted to do better) - but others don't see the same things.

Looking forward to seeing your finished Skyshark in all her glory!

Iain