1:32 Skyshark

Dandiego

Thanks for all of the comments! I really like the Wows.

Hubert thanks for your comments, you are right it is too regular. Haven't done this much shading on a model before. Even though I have a few decals on I am not done with painting and weathering. I am planing to apply a light gray wash to highlight the panel lines and rivets. Nice to know that I need to randomize the shading before I call it done.

Stay tuned everyone, I seem to be on a roll.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a little progress.  

During the last week I applied a light gray acrylic sludge wash to highlight panel lines and rivets. When dry just use a wet cloth to remove any excess. I then used Tamiya clear thinned with their thinner (2.5 parts thinner to 1 part clear). This was the first time that I have used this product. When thinned to the above ratio it goes down very nicely.It was dry within 2 hours. 

And I just had to add some of the major markings. I used mostly kit decals. They are very thin and lay down well. My only complaint is the opacity of the white decals. Could have been better, should have been better over the DSB.

Any way 1 quick photo. 

001_zpseenpjodr.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Working on some small stuff. First are the bombs. I thought that I was pretty smart so I dunked the bombs in future. What I didn't realize is the attatchment holes allowed future into the body so that everytime that I touched them future would leak out of the holes. So I had to drill a hole in the aft end of each bomb and set them up to drain. You can see a puddle of future to the left of one of the bombs. Why gloss the bombs?? I want to use the kit decals to add the yellow markings instead of masking and painting.

002_zps9qucq4hm.jpg

Also worked on the HVAR's. Painted the noses green.

005_zpsbzwrw6w5.jpg

Added some detail to the seat by shaping the headrest and adding the ejection pull ring.

006_zpsgpzbs1mc.jpg

And finally I added a flat black anti-glare panel in front of the windscreen. I also painted a solid decal black and added it to the wing root as a walkway.

003_zpsqhestxjc.jpg

004_zps1ts0w9ht.jpg

Slow progress.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

Not much done this week. I have worked on the bombs and rockets. Almost done. Hard to tell in the photo but I did some oil weathering on these bad boys. First time with oils didn't want to overdo it.

e674f903-205b-40e6-85aa-e970e961fa43_zps

And a little work on the props. Lots of putty and sanding before they can be called ready.

002_zpspjjdpczg.jpg

Props will be sanded, primed and painted in the next couple of days.

I have also weathered the aircraft with oils as well. No photos yet, but I tried to keep it subtle as I didn't want to overdo it.

Dan 

Thanks Iain.Your comments are greatly appreciated, especially from a super modeler such as yourself.

This has been a long and complicated build. For me a lot of fun and satisfaction. And a lot of new techniques. It has not been without problems. Not all of my work has gone exactly the way I would have liked.

I always set out to build the perfect model. Once again I am falling short. However I will use what I have learned on this project and hopefully apply new and improved skills on my next big project.

However it does look like a Skyshark. And it is very close to the finish line. Should have it finished by New Years Day.

Dan